scary ghosty play (1 Viewer)

spiritualtramp said:
I have read the book and it is without a doubt the spookiest ghost story ever .
does that include m.r. james? can we have a 'scariest writer evah' thread?? my vote goes to m.r. james. a mean dude.

even though i'm a big fan of his (i nearly got the harry clarke illustration for 'masque of the red death' as a tattoo once) i think he's a poor runner up to james in the 'i've gotta leave the light on tonight' stakes
yours respectfully,
L

Liadain said:
even though i'm a big fan of his (i nearly got the harry clarke illustration for 'masque of the red death' as a tattoo once) i think he's a poor runner up to james in the 'i've gotta leave the light on tonight' stakes
yours respectfully,
L
I've never read any James, so I can't successfully debate my way out of this one. Speaking of Harry Clarke, I saw some amazing Clarke-illustrated editions of Poe at a book fair. Fucking breathtaking, they were. And three hundred quid.

wow
i wonder if they were the same ones my ma has that i got the tattoo design out of?
if they are they are amazing
big roughly A4-size hardback things with full-page illustrations?

you should read m.r. james btw
you can get 'collected ghost stories' (i think that's what it's called) in one of those cheapo editions for about 2 quid

the lines were a bit too fine, i didn't think the level of detail would actually trans;late well into a tattoo. and i was only 18 and didn't want to rush into too much stuff (i already had the fish which is pretty big). i am planning a sort of sylvia-plath related tattoo at the moment though!

21tatoo.jpg

Queer's a tatoo idea!

I think the scariest writer ever is the guy/girl/whatever who wrote the Apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back