Saudi Arabia - WTF? (1 Viewer)

So he spoke out. In articles and television appearances, he argued that much of what Saudis practised as religion was in fact Arabian cultural practices that had been mixed up with their faith. There was no need to close shops for prayer, he said, nor to bar women from driving, as Saudi Arabia does. At the time of the Prophet, women rode around on camels, which he said was far more provocative than veiled women piloting SUVs.

He even said that while women should conceal their bodies, they needed to cover their faces only if they chose to do so. And to demonstrate the depth of his own conviction, al-Ghamdi went on television with his wife, Jawahir, who smiled to the camera, her face bare and adorned with a dusting of makeup.

It was like a bomb inside the kingdom’s religious establishment, threatening the social order that granted prominence to the sheikhs and made them the arbiters of right and wrong in all aspects of life. He threatened their control. Al-Ghamdi’s colleagues at work refused to speak to him. Angry calls poured into his mobile phone and anonymous death threats hit him on Twitter. Prominent sheikhs took to the airwaves to denounce him as an ignorant upstart who should be punished, tried – and even tortured.

Saudi sheikh pays the price for standing up to religious police

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dunno about delusional - the bit where the iranians cheer the saudi tanks in Tehran and wave pictures of of the Saudi prince seems very realistic

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is incredible

Saudi murders and the war in Yemen

it's just a 40 minutes of a journalist telling ex-Obama staffers "this is your fault, you did this, and now it's getting worse" and them responding "thank you sir, thank you for speaking truth to power, we can do better" and "when i was on the national security council in the white house in 2013 I didn't think this would happen"

The mighty Barack Obama and his team of incompetent morons.

Not at all, my cousin met him in the gaeltacht and has informed me that Obama is sound

Well either way I was quite taken aback in that podcast how quickly they accept the blame for what they admit is akin to biblical apocalypse conditions, and yet they still think that they have the authority to pontificate how the world should be run.

Last edited:
who is it that they're fighting in Yemen?
Who is it that who is fighting in Yemen?

My understanding is that the Saudi's are supporting the former government against the Houthi rebel faction. Both sides are Yemeni.

The Saudi's use US arms, fuel and intelligence. The Saudi's are in an alliance with al-Qaeda amazingly (from a US perspective I mean)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back