sauces (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i will eat sauce with just about anything. i love mixing things that 'shouldn't' go together either.
my ma makes the most incredible port sauce with honey, onions and carrots in it.

just thinking about it near brings me to tears.

my favourites are: her port sauce, bearnaise, and this kind of tarragon mayo that tescos sell.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Also, Mary Rose with some paprika or cheyenne pepper and of course the classic soy sauce.

Now I'm hungary again.

Tartare sauce is delicious with beer-battered cod.
Marks & Spencer or Tesco Finest do it best.

Mint sauce. Great with lamb.

Bearnaise sauce. Oh yes.
English mustard is divine. Lot nicer than Dijon.
Hollandaise sauce with aspargus is amazing. Quite difficult to do well myself so I tend to leave it to the experts.

Had a lovely port reduction with pheasant at Christmas.

Hoisin is really really good with crispy aromatic duck. Not really had it with ought else.

When I make sauces myself I tend to overload on cream which probably is why I am on this blasted diet.

Hoisin sause is great with [SIZE=-1]bok choi too - only a little bit to just coat it.

English mustard - I hate the fact that so few deli's use it anymore.
"Can I have ham, cheese and mustard please?".
"Dijon or wholegrain?"
bas:mad:tards

[/SIZE]

honey and mustard together. great cooked with chicken and water chestnuts. i've just got my appetite back after two days of a vomiting bug. hooray. feels good to be hungry for once.

I got awful awful excited yesterday. I was in Saray Mehran and they were selling off Mama Africa's sauces, 2 for €2! Amazing. I got Peri Peri (9/10 Heat, apparently) and Jalepeno sauce (6/10 Heat). Good timing. We were just out of Tobasco.

So I tried the Peri Peri- haven't tasted it in years. crikey. It's just fuck off heat, not much flavour. Amazing because I made a really sweet korma-y thing and I aint into that poncey sweet mild shit so I just lashed that on and POW bobs your dinner without making a frankenstein flavaour.

I'm looking forward to trying the jalepeno sauce. Never had it before. Probably have some now with toast and cheese for breakfast.

Wormo said:
So I tried the Peri Peri- haven't tasted it in years. crikey. It's just fuck off heat, not much flavour.

Mmm. The jalepeno sauce is the same. Pure darkness and vinegary heat. Very good. I realise now that they are one of the few sauces that don't have a sweetener or sugar in them. That's cool. It's all too easy to add sugar sweetener to sauces to make it more appealing.

These here are the business, my sis brought them back from the Caribbean for me.

163.jpg
175.jpg

Good site: chilliworld.com

She also brought back some banana ketchup which is at my mum's if anyone wants it.

im incredibly partial to all things curry, mainly for the sauce overload factor.

but nothing beats the tomato gravy loveliness of aloo makhani...buttery tomatoey goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back