SARAH PALIN APPRECIATION THREAD (1 Viewer)

"Jaw Dropping proposal by Palin about powers of the VP"

Right. That's partly to what I was referring to. Partly.
She wants... more... power.
And McCain's longtime ambition is to be a dictator.

I wouldn't trust her running a national school. As in, my kids would be out the door.

How can she be more scary than Cheney? How is that possible?

Right. That's partly to what I was referring to. Partly.
She wants... more... power.
And McCain's longtime ambition is to be a dictator.

I wouldn't trust her running a national school. As in, my kids would be out the door.

How can she be more scary than Cheney? How is that possible?

Same scary ambition minus Chaneys vulpine intelligence = dangerous and unpredictable and incompetent

She has lowered the bar of expectations to such a mind boggling degree that merely not making an uholy show of herself is considered a victory. The post debate punditry on most channels was some of the most spineless nonesense it has ever been my misfortune to witness. But then her criticism-stifling abilities is one of the the reasons she got the nomination in the first place. The whole thing is a load of bollocks and if it wasnt the race for the most powerful office on the planet it would struggle as a rubbish sit-com.

I'm just going to be lazy and quote what I read elsewhere on last night's debate that made me laugh -

....Palin did beat expectations - she did not immediately squat on the floor and piddle on the lectern - that's considerably ahead of what we thought she could do. She managed to speak English. She breathed in and out successfully. For a Republican, that combination moves her into the top 10% of their political party easily.

Here's your real pair of Mavericks ticket:
mel_gibson_james_garner_maverick_00.jpg

On the pro side: Cowboys, that seems to be popular.

On the con side: Would GIVE Iran the nukes to get rid of Israel.

She has lowered the bar of expectations to such a mind boggling degree that merely not making an uholy show of herself is considered a victory. The post debate punditry on most channels was some of the most spineless nonesense it has ever been my misfortune to witness. But then her criticism-stifling abilities is one of the the reasons she got the nomination in the first place. The whole thing is a load of bollocks and if it wasnt the race for the most powerful office on the planet it would struggle as a rubbish sit-com.

I kind of felt like I was losing my mind watching that...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

can anyone translate this?

Being against abortions for 15-year-olds is not that extreme a position is it?

Ireland is a country that outsources its entire abortion 'problem' for women of any age.

That link didn't work for me but I assume it's the Katie Couric interview.

well it isn't but being against abortions for 15 year olds but being against abortions for 15 year olds raped by their fathers and made pregnant by their fathers is.

Daily show?

yes

well it isn't but being against abortions for 15 year olds but being against abortions for 15 year olds raped by their fathers and made pregnant by their fathers is.

Up to our necks in those at the minute.

It's the thin end of the wedge. When Katie Couric asks about abortion, she talks about 15-year-old incest victims, when Bill O'Reilly does he talks about near-full-term horror stories.
It should be a straight pro-life or -choice question, in my view.
I'm all for a woman's right to choose, but I can certainly see how other people might have a problem with it.

And Palin might be against abortion but I haven't seen her mention a desire to overturn Roe v Wade, so I just don't see how scary her viewpoint is on the issue.
There was plenty of RvW repeal scaremongering 8 years ago when Bush II got in, especially with the amount of SC justices he was likely to get, and it came to nought.

Palin is scary because of her inexperience and lack of grasp of the issues. Not being able to name a Supreme Court decision (bar RvW) was by far the scariest thing I've seen out of her. She would likely fail a citizenship application exam with that level of knowledge. That's scary.

I don't mean to go on but, you know, it's the internet and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back