SARAH PALIN APPRECIATION THREAD (2 Viewers)

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Gov. Sarah Palin took questions from reporters who travel with her campaign Thursday for the first time since being tapped as John McCain's running mate.

Reporters were told 20 minutes ahead of time that, after a visit to ground zero in lower Manhattan, Palin would make a statement and then there would be an opportunity for questions.

In her first media availability of the campaign, Palin spoke only to a few reporters, not her full press corps.
After her statement, she answered four questions about the war on terrorism, the re-election bids of Alaska's Sen. Ted Stevens and Rep. Don Young, and the bailout legislation in front of Congress

The Q&A session followed weeks of criticism about her lack of access to the media.

On Wednesday, the Republican vice presidential candidate gave her third network interview, this time with CBS' Katie Couric.

In comparison, Sen. Joe Biden has given 89 national and local interviews, according to the campaign.

Speaking to a small pool of reporters following a visit to Ground Zero in lower Manhattan, Palin made a statement and then answered four questions, addressing the war on terror, the re-election bids of Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens and Rep. Don Young, and the bailout legislation currently in front of Congress.

PALIN: Every American student needs to come through this area so that, especially this younger generation of Americans is, to be in a position of never forgetting what happened here and never repeating, never allowing a repeat of what happened here. I wish every American would come through here. I wish every world leader would come through here, and understand what it is that took place here and more importantly how America came together and united to commit to never allowing this to happen again. And just to hear and from and see these good New Yorkers who are rebuilding not just this are but helping to rebuild America has been very, very inspiring and encouraging. These are the good Americans who are committed to peace and security and its been an absolute honor getting to meet these folks today.

CNN: On the topic of never letting this happen again, do you agree with the way the Bush administration has handled the war on terrorism, is there anything you would do differently?
A: I agree with the Bush administration that we take the fight to them. We never again let them come onto our soil and try to destroy not only our democracy, but communities like the community of New York. Never again. So yes, I do agree with taking the fight to the terrorists and stopping them over there.

POLITICO: Do you think our presence in Iraq and afghan and our continued presence there is inflaming islamic extremists?
A: I think our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan will lead to further security of our nation, again, because the mission is to take the fight over there. do not let them come over here and attempt again what they accomplished here, and that was some destruction. terrible destruction on that day. but since September 11, Americans uniting and rebuilding and committing to never letting that happen again.

POLITICO: Do you support the reelection bids of embattled Alaska Republicans, Rep. Don Young and Sen. Ted Stevens?
A: Ted Stevens trial started a couple days ago. We’ll see where that goes.

POLITICO: Are you gong to vote for them?
[no answer.]

JERSEY JOURNAL: What do you think of bailout package before congress?
A: I don't support that until the provisions that Sen. McCain has offered are implemented in Paulson's proposals.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...es-questions-from-press-corps-for-first-time/

wow - a whole FOUR answers

[Palin] .. Putin ... Where's his head? ... and ... and ... ahh ... comes into .. ah .. the airspace of the United States of America ... wh .. where do they go? It.. It's Alaska ..
Yes. Putin. Where is his head?

putinheadou3.jpg

i think this reaction says it all

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sarah Palin :
Anti polar bears http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/01/sarahpalin.climatechange

yet pro riding around on the backs of dinosaurs http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-palinreligion28-2008sep28,0,3643718.story?track=rss

Specifically, she knows "dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time," because she has "seen pictures of human footprints inside the tracks".

She's seen the pictures.
That's taken the wind out of your sails a bit now Mr Darwin, hasn't it.
Did you see those pictures?
Did you fuck.
And had you seen the pictures none of us would be in this evolution mess in the first place, would we.

And polar bears man. They're clearly past their prime. Who actually needs polar bears. Surplus to requirements.

hard to believe the governor of somewhere as amazing as alaska is so clueless/uncaring about the environment.

I think she's being managed like a footballer. Keep your mouth shut. Talk only in the most benign generalities. Say nothing that could implicate you further down the line. I say this because if this were not the case she would surely be able to name a fucking newspapaper that she reads..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back