Sandwich toasters (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I unearthed our sandwich toaster last night. After a good scrub it was good to go. Cheese toastie in one of these is great, I'm looking forward to cheese and onion toasties and egg toasties at some point in the future. .|..|
Any other recommendations for toasties?
I think Breville was the most famous brand of these machine, they're one of those appliances that are bought used for a few weeks then you can't be arsed cleaning them and you leave them in the cupboard for a decade or more 'til you throw it out and then move in somewhere else where someone gets you a housewarming present of a shiny new sandwich toaster.

I always make fancy once from christmas leftovers - fancy cheese, good homecooked ham, nice mustard and all that happens is I end up thinking the only way to cook with one of these breville jobs is easy singles, plastic ham and a small bit of finely chopped onion.

A few weeks ago I bought a Breville George Foremanish style grill for 50 quid in Power City. I figured I could use it for steaks, rashers aswell as toasted sandwiches. I thought the removable plates were a superb feature so that sealed the deal. I was ecstatic as I left the shop with it.

Its not as good as I thought though. It runs as a much higher temp than the George Foreman so even the slightest bit of fat quickly gives off smoke and the top level of it is so heavy that it squeezes my toasted sandwiches causing cheese oozing and burning.

Avoid.

A few weeks ago I bought a Breville George Foremanish style grill for 50 quid in Power City. I figured I could use it for steaks, rashers aswell as toasted sandwiches. I thought the removable plates were a superb feature so that sealed the deal. I was ecstatic as I left the shop with it.

Its not as good as I thought though. It runs as a much higher temp than the George Foreman so even the slightest bit of fat quickly gives off smoke and the top level of it is so heavy that it squeezes my toasted sandwiches causing cheese oozing and burning.

Avoid.

Panninis are Gay

MASHED BANANA!!

Indeed especially with a bit of Nutella or the choc spread of your choice.

Scrumdiddlydumsish.

Sweet chiliu sauce and brie is also excellent, actually pretty much anything goes in a toastie(no lettuce or coleslaw though, yuk).

I use a George Foreman for toasties since my old maker died after the flex got toasted with the sandwich.

George Foreman isn't bad but I don't butter the outside of the bread like you would in a regular toaster.

Always add mustard afterwards. Is it nicer added beforehand?

Usually have
- Ham
- Cheddar red
- Onion
- Tomato

Tomatoes can be lethally hot though.

I use a George Foreman for toasties since my old maker died after the flex got toasted with the sandwich.

George Foreman isn't bad but I don't butter the outside of the bread like you would in a regular toaster.

Always add mustard afterwards. Is it nicer added beforehand?

Usually have
- Ham
- Cheddar red
- Onion
- Tomato

Tomatoes can be lethally hot though.

Dunno if there's much difference but its way handier to add beforehand. I always do.

You can get an egg, scramble it up in a cup, and carefully spread it about in the hollow bits, loads of pepper, bitta cheese and salt, and put butter under the bread and on top.

Give it a good cook though. Runny egg == not nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back