San francisco (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Con
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 7

Con

Im headin to san francisco in a couple of weeks. Anyone here know any goods spots for gigs, record shops or any good places for veggie food? I know spuded was there a few years ago, meant to ask ya about it at night in the sticks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dunno how to embed shit

Any gig you might want to go to in the bay area will be listed here. Lots of stuff happens across the bay (the "east bay"; Berkeley, Oakland, Richmond, etc) and late night transport back to "the city" can be limited.

For records, Amoeba on Haight St (Golden Gate park end) will blow your mind.

Likewise, take a stroll around the side streets of the Mission district and you'll find some of the best burritos in the Northern Hemisphere.

I also enjoyed strolling around the North Beach area, quite nice and has lots of (counter) cultural history.

Final tip, don't assume that if its warm all day you can walk around at night in your t-shirt. Sometimes the mist rolls in off the pacific and it can get really chilly.

Have fun!

HEY BUDDY, YOU GOT THE TIME?
IT'S ALWAYS 4:20 ON HAIGHT!

There were some amazing metal gigs in a place called The Pound which is a bus ride
from the city.
There's a good punk/rock bar on Haight called The Molotov, some classic tunes on the
jukebox and free shots off the polespiked barman.
You can find out about gig in Amoeba or Rasputin.
As Damo said, Mission is the place for burritos, falafel and deadly second hand shops!

Ye, i heard about amoeba records, sounds amazing. Might leave that til late in the trip or I'll spend all my cash. Arnocorp are playin an afternoon gig the day after I arrive and les claypool is playin that night, deadly.:) Cheers all for the tips..|..|

shit I'll get on that list con, in the meantime listen to this fucking gem.|..|

'SANNNNNNNNN FRRAANNNCISSSCOOOOO'

p.s. must give props to momme for knowing in about two seconds who this band were when I played em down in Wexford.|..|

There's some serious hardcore listings here.

coakley.jpg

Arnocorp are playin an afternoon gig the day after I arrive and les claypool is playin that night, deadly.:) Cheers all for the tips..|..|

QUICK WITH THE GIG LISTINGS THERE LADS WE'RE ABOUT TO LOSE THIS ONE

I saw a video of Les Claypool playing a bass with a whammy bar... that was cool

Good luck Conor!

Conor, How long will you be around SF for? Try to stay until august or else come 20 hours north.
Anyway try to check out the "landfill" or earthquake dump area. I know that sounds vague but you should be able to find out about it. It's an island with loads of folk art and cool trails. It's hard to describe but recommended.
If you're going to a gig in Burnt Ramen you should probably be careful. I've never been (because i was afraid) but that's what i heard.
Also free food daily at Food not bombs in Berkeley. The food is actually decent too. You can watch oogles fighting at said park too.
One last thing: men in adult sized nappies are not appreciated round those parts.
Damo, you do realise that Mexico is in the Northern hemisphere right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back