Sampler - tv show (1 Viewer)

rumpus

Website
www.settlersite.com
anyone see that show Sampler last ngiht.

twaz alright. A little cool, but interesting enough. I wasn't at the reclaim the streets fracas, so it was good they had some footage.

also, good music on it.

Is it totally new?

Anyway, maybe another glimer of hope from within the RTE pewniverse...?

Considering half the shit RTE make in the name of "youth" I thought it was very good. I don't think there'll be any more though, there was at least six programmes made but some internal union wranglings mean that there will be no more, unless we mail RTE and tell them that they actually made a decent programe for once.

i thought a lot of the show last night was very good, particularly the rts bit.

some internal union wranglings mean that there will be no more

worse, i think said wrangling means that they may not even show all the remaining episodes - i think we may only get one more.

which does mercifully mean the world will be spared the possible sight of me being interviewed when a bit pissed.

I heard the "union problem" was that when the youngsters that produced the show were filming, they didn't use unionised cameraman. Shock horror, they filmed it themselves!

Remind me why I'm paying my TV licence again?

-Thayl

Originally posted by Thayl
I heard the "union problem" was that when the youngsters that produced the show were filming, they didn't use unionised cameraman. Shock horror, they filmed it themselves!

Ah jaykers. This is the sort of thing that gives unions a bad name. That's like the builders union kicking up because you built your own house

unless we mail RTE and tell them that they actually made a decent programe for once
I just did. What the heck.
Well, what prompted me was knowing the producer guy Luke (oops, can someone pick up that name for me) ... a nice chap and I was glad to see his name on the website.

VHI are a bunch of pricks

RTE are a bunch of pricks

ESB are a bunch of pricks

Iarnrod Eireann are a bunch of pricks

Dublin bus are a bunch of pricks

Fianna Fail are a bunch of pricks

The EU are a bunch of pricks

Motorists are a bunch of pricks

Militant members of ASTI are a bunch of pricks

Taking my money.... pricks

...Paying for Pajo Kenny's salary more like...

To me it seems that, most of the time, RTE is like it's big show "Fair City"

- I'm embarassed by it and I can't believe what I'm seeing......yet I cannot look away!! Maybe because I identify with it in a small way....

aahhhhhh, It's like being shirley temple bar's brother or something!!!!!!!!!!!!

RTE need a serious overhaul management wise. You get the feeling that they don't have a bog when they make something interesting, and they don't have a bog when they make a pile of shite. Their youth orientated stuff is so hit and miss. Jayzus! Take the Jason Byrne show. Fuckin crap. There's something amateur about the show host visibly sweating with nervousness and not knowing what to ask next. How much did they spend on that shite?:confused:

Originally posted by Pantone247
and to pay for the *snip snip* for Mr Shirley Temple Bar

what is Telly Bingo all about?

Dave what plays guitar with us lives / shares
with Shirley Temple Bar.

I'll ask him what Telly Bingo is all about....

really!!

what I really want to know is do they know how tounge in check the whole thing is, do they know the game element has gone right out the window and has been replaced by a very strange sense of the bizzare?

Or do they think the grannys down the country won't notice?

I've "played" telly bingo... when you actually try and "play" the "game" it is literally nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back