RVW#11; UBS, hoovers and sledgehammers, white noise, some cars are faster than others (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
thumpers fair and foul,
the one-plus-tenth remote viewing workshop is almost upon us. Its on the 27th of may, up the back stairs of conways in the ever salubrious boomboomroom, and it is a measly 7 snots in(or 5 if you can get yourself flyered aforehand)
this time we have (in no particular order)

Untite Bible Studies
Hoovers and Sledgehammers
some cars are faster than others
white noise
elsewhere

!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa

should be a barrell of rock n' roll mayhem

!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa

Wire Horizon Presents
Remote Viewing Workshop # 11
27th may
theboomboomroom, above patrick conways parnell st
9pm
admission 5/7 euros

HOOVERS and SLEDGEHAMMERS; crazy art rock mishmash of poignant ballads about mecury men, love songs directed at Al Pachino and Francis Bacon and modern day folk classics about being paid cash for nixers. Music to wear flat heels and sequined cardigans to.
www.hooversandsledgehammers.com

Pic;

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RazPhoto/MUSIC/hoovers%20and%20sledgehammers/bbrnov05.jpg

UNITED BIBLE STUDIES; ubs are composed of an ever varying group of musicians whoes live shows are possesed of a manic intensity not matched by any group curently performing in dublin. They fuse elements of rock, folk, jazz, and performance art in an unforgetable and largely improvised show which has to be seen to be believed. Their latest LP "the shore that fears the sea" is out now on deserted village. ( www.desertedvillage.com)

Pic;
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RazPhoto/MUSIC/United%20Bible%20Studies/222.jpg

WHITE NOISE: cian sayles beatboxing talents make a welcome return to RVW, impressive in the extreme.

Pic; http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RazPhoto/MUSIC/misc/c90bbdfd.jpg

SOME CARS ARE FASTER THAN OTHERS; dark, slick dub-electronica from Leigh o' Gorman, the man behind the LP-X moniker.
www.myspace.com/lpxireland

Pic; http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RazPhoto/MUSIC/LPX/bbrapril05.jpg

ELSEWHERE; dublin based experimental rock act

www.wirehorizon.com

Re: RVW#11; UBS, hoovers and sledgehammers, white noise, some cars are faster than ot

Adj.1.salubrious - promoting health; healthful; "a healthy diet"; "clean healthy air"; "plenty of healthy sleep"; "healthy and normal outlets for youthful energy"; "the salubrious mountain air and water"- C.B.Davis; "carrots are good for you"

I'm getting too old for this..

Re: RVW#11; UBS, hoovers and sledgehammers, white noise, some cars are faster than ot

Quintron said:
Adj.1.salubrious - promoting health; healthful; "a healthy diet"; "clean healthy air"; "plenty of healthy sleep"; "healthy and normal outlets for youthful energy"; "the salubrious mountain air and water"- C.B.Davis; "carrots are good for you"

I'm getting too old for this..

having wireless in the bbr will be the death of you kenneth

Yes..True... but I LIKE IT..yeaahh baby yeaaah ..etc etc..

Good lineup btw!
One should be required by law to have at least one Hoovers and one UBS gig under their belt. I'll look into it....add it to yet another question in the census or something....

ps.. when you say "wireless" instead of "wi-fi" it makes me feel less old... you should get a pipe & some some slippers or something. "whats on the wireless ma!" wok wok wok..

posternorm.jpg

I would also like to add that I'm playing an LPX set in the Boom Boom Room tomorrow night with Ikeaboy, Robotnik and Super Extra Bonus Party!!
'Ey Up lads,
see you there
(doors 8.30pm / 7 Your-Ohs)

- Leigh

you should have pm'd me lee, just saw this now.

anyway aprox running order

9-doors
915-elsewhere
1000-UBS
1100-white noise
1110- Hoovers
12ish- some cars are faster than other

rock hard rock long rock on

thanks to all who came along to this, all acts were excellent, and the historic occasion of the start of leigh's career as a folk singer was something to be seen!
Only fly in the ointment was the two shouty drunk guys, I hope they didnt ruin anyones enjoyment of the night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back