Rochefort (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
It's a Belgian trappist monnastary/brewery and their beers are available in Porterhouse. Definitely worth braving all the tourists and gee bags who frquent that place. I wouldn't recommend drinking their beers on an empty stomach. The no. 0 is usually more highly regarded by I prefer the no.8. Give it a few minutes to breathe and warm up (they're usually served a bit too cool). Thank me later.

Cuddly Toy was quite catchy, back in the day

2.jpg

It's a Belgian trappist monnastary/brewery and their beers are available in Porterhouse. Definitely worth braving all the tourists and gee bags who frquent that place. I wouldn't recommend drinking their beers on an empty stomach. The no. 0 is usually more highly regarded by I prefer the no.8. Give it a few minutes to breathe and warm up (they're usually served a bit too cool). Thank me later.

oh yes. belgian trappist beers == the yum. westmalle triple is my personal favourite.

Rochefort 10 is SOOOOO SWEEEEET!!! As in, it's full of sugar, like alko chocolate or something. Can't have more than one of those. Smashin' with sausages/pork and mash, though.

Anyone had any of those Lambic ales? Weird, but in a good way.

Also, that Austrian Santa Claus beer, Samiclaus, is fucking horrible. Don't touch it.

There you go Potlatch. That's what I was about to say. I cant deal with more than a smallish glass of most of those Belgians. They are just very sweet to my anti sugar in all its guises pallet.
The problem is, I have become a massive beer snob.
I didnt realise it at first, I just thought I was buying nice beers "as a special treat", but then I noticed that I couldnt drink Budweiser. No big deal you might say. But, its the thin end of the wedge chaps. Next thing was Coronas were off the menu, and before I knew where I was it wasnt so much what was off the menu, as what was on the menu.
There would be all sorts of beer in the fridge, Bass, Heineken, etc, and I just wont touch it. Even if I am gagging for a drink. Then I would relent, and open a bottle, and drink about 3 mouthfuls of it, and then leave it somewhere. Shocking form.

Now I wont touch anything that is not bone dry and hoppier than fuck. Although I will just about go for any Indian Pale Ale, I am a big fan of this local brewery here with its Hop Hazard brew.

beer_hoph_image_right.jpg

"A Strong 5 Hop Blend that is Perfectly Balanced by a Malt Rich Body. Freshly Dry-Hopped India Pale Ale."

There you go Potlatch. That's what I was about to say. I cant deal with more than a smallish glass of most of those Belgians. They are just very sweet to my anti sugar in all its guises pallet.
The problem is, I have become a massive beer snob.
I didnt realise it at first, I just thought I was buying nice beers "as a special treat", but then I noticed that I couldnt drink Budweiser. No big deal you might say. But, its the thin end of the wedge chaps. Next thing was Coronas were off the menu, and before I knew where I was it wasnt so much what was off the menu, as what was on the menu.
There would be all sorts of beer in the fridge, Bass, Heineken, etc, and I just wont touch it. Even if I am gagging for a drink. Then I would relent, and open a bottle, and drink about 3 mouthfuls of it, and then leave it somewhere. Shocking form.

Now I wont touch anything that is not bone dry and hoppier than fuck. Although I will just about go for any Indian Pale Ale, I am a big fan of this local brewery here with its Hop Hazard brew.

beer_hoph_image_right.jpg

"A Strong 5 Hop Blend that is Perfectly Balanced by a Malt Rich Body. Freshly Dry-Hopped India Pale Ale."

America these days sounds like a good place to be a beer snob. IPAs and American Pale Ales are very difficult to come by this side of the Atlantic.

Do they keep it in the fridge? Supposed to be around 12 degrees or thereabouts.
Yes, they keep it in the fridge. It's supposed to be kept at "cellar temperature" but I doubt it would make too much difference as long as they're not kept there too long. I find it a bit annoying that they serve it at that temperature. It kills off the taste a good bit and I wonder if the beer is wasted on people who drink it cold.

So this brewery in MA has made the first US trappist ale. Everyone on Facebook running around trying to get some as it's in limited supply. Like a gom I went around to my local super offie on the way home (Liquor Land!) and grabbed 8 bottles, which I now kind of don't even want.
Caught up in the fucking hysteria.

Spencer Trappist Ale

Is it not very nice? Westvleteren aside, my favourite of the trappist beers/ales is Orval.

hahaha, you could at least try it before letting remorse get the better of you.

I get what you're saying about getting caught up in the hysteria. It's like limited edition picture disc beer. It could be a killer track though!

hahaha, you could at least try it before letting remorse get the better of you.

I get what you're saying about getting caught up in the hysteria. It's like limited edition picture disc beer. It could be a killer track though!

You're right.

I should.

Someone is doing a Belgian beer night in their house. Getting all the Trappist beers there are and making Belgian food. So I might save it for that.

We'll probably have chocolate at some point. And abduct some children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back