robot voice copy protection (1 Viewer)

Franco

Got a preview copy of roots manuva's new record and at least twice during every song, some loudmouth robot bint starts shouting "DO NOT COPY THIS ALBUM" or "BUY THIS ALBUM" over the track.

what a load of shite.

not if you're supposed to review it.
well surely having the voice doesnt interfere too much with the song but its just enough to stop people from leaking it and copying it.

labels are so desperate for their releases not to be hijacked that im surprised they arent sending out people to hold a gun to your head when you review it.

well surely having the voice doesnt interfere too much with the song but its just enough to stop people from leaking it and copying it.

labels are so desperate for their releases not to be hijacked that im surprised they arent sending out people to hold a gun to your head when you review it.

It comes in a random times in every song, so it's a constant irritant. I don't even want to listen to it again.

I get that they're paranoid about leaks, but shit gets leaked regardless. That's just the way of the world these days.

By coincidence I was listening to my promo copy last night and was like WTF?!
Worst bit for me is it means you can't use it to DJ with or play on the radio - all radio stations are sent promos, I presume he doesn't care about radio play, maybe he'll sent an un-roboted version to the big stations. Great album besides all that though.

Is it radio1 who bit beeps into sessions so you can't rip from their website?

this robot voice definitely isn't distant! although really to the uninitiated, it might just sound like a 'quirky' comment on downloading.

It was on the promo of Aufully Deep as well. Very annoying indeed. Lots of hip hop promos in particular have it. You can no more pirate them than you can listen to them.

Job done.

?

The promo for Benga's "Diary of an Afro Warrior" had one - "you're listening to Diary of an Afro Warrior by Benga" every few minutes. I nabbed it for free so i suppose i can't complain...:)

it's really common no? A copy I have of Mr Lif's last album had it. Was still shit though. Seems a fair enough practice to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back