Robin Williamson and John Renbourn play the Trinity College Chapel tomorrow (26 May) (1 Viewer)

Cian Nugent

Website
www.myspace.com
Hello all,

Tomorrow evening the Douglas Hyde Gallery presents Robin Williamson and John Renbourn in the Trinity College Chapel. I'll be opening up the evening with a brief solo guitar set at 8 pm sharp.

Here's the details from the DHG website:

"The leading members of two of Britain’s most influential bands of the ‘sixties will perform in the Chapel, Trinity College on Tuesday, 26 May 2009 at 8pm.

John Renbourn and Robin Williamson first came to prominence through the success of Pentangle and The Incredible String Band. A founding member of Pentangle, Renbourn is known for his unique "baroque-folk" style of guitar-playing, while Edinburgh-born singer, storyteller and multi-instrumentalist Williamson made his name with the influential Incredible String Band.

However, it wasn’t until 1993 that they began performing together with the resulting live album Wheel of Fortune receiving a Grammy Award nomination for Best Traditional Folk Album.

Tickets € 20 (€ 15) are available from the Gallery and Road Records. For more information please call (01) 8961116.

www.john-renbourn.com
www.pigswhiskermusic.co.uk "

Re: Robin Williamson and John Renbourn play the Trinity College Chapel tomorrow (26 M

Saw Renbourn in God-awful Bedford a few year ago - twas great.

Re: Robin Williamson and John Renbourn play the Trinity College Chapel tomorrow (26 M

I'm going to this tonight. Is there a folk version of the rock sign that I should know about?
.|..|
Don't want to look out of place, but don't know alot about the scene. Apart from Bob Fleming's Folkin Classics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back