Road Relish Single 13 - Tychonaut & Dinagh Brand (2 Viewers)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
Road Relish 13
Tychonaut + Dinah Brand
Record Launch: Friday August 20th 2004, Whelans, Dublin
Admission: €8

Road Relish release the thirteenth in their series of 7” singles at Whelans on Friday August 20th. The new record features the amazing Tychonaut (formerly The Tycho Brahe) and the wonderful Dinah Brand and the Whelans gig will feature both acts playing live.

Tychonaut need no introduction to Irish music fans, having released two critically acclaimed albums over the last few years, played numerous gigs up and down the country, and wowed all and sundry with their fabulous music. They have recently signed a major publishing deal that should allow them to reach wider audiences outside Ireland. "Before and After Seance" is the title of the exclusive new track they have written and recorded for this Road Relish release. The song takes their music into eerier, spookier and darker territory than ever before, and we at Road Relish think its possibly the best thing they have done yet. Don’t listen to it with the lights out.

Dinah Brand’s 2002 debut album, Pale Monkey Blues, is something of an undiscovered gem. The record is a thoroughly engaging and affecting collection of melancholic yet humorous tales of the stranger and more eccentric side of everyday life. The songs are written by ex-Pet Lamb frontman Dylan Phillips, who we believe is quite simply operating at a whole level above the current collection of singer-songwriters at large in this country. For this Road Relish release, Dinah Brand have continued the spiritual/religious theme initiated by Tychonaut and recorded a new track entitled "Perfect and Whole".

About Road Rrelish
Road Relish was formed in 1999 by a group of deluded philanthropists (including Road Records and Alpha Relish Records/Promotions) with the intention of releasing split 7" singles by our favourite local bands and artists. Since then we have released 12 records featuring 24 different acts in all including Redneck Manifesto, The Idiots, Jubilee Allstars, Decal, David Kitt, Americhord, Large Mound, Glen Hansard, Daemien Frost, The Jimmy Cake, The Connect Four Orchestra, Nina Hynes, Neosupervital, Estel and The Chalets. All of these are limited edition (500) vinyl records and most of them feature exclusive tracks not available elsewhere. Some of these, such as the Rednecks, Kittser and Glen Hansard ones, are now rare and much sought after by fans and record collectors.

Need to Know More?
Email [email protected] Or look at our website http://www.roadrelish.com

hag said:
Some of these, such as the Rednecks, Kittser and Glen Hansard ones, are now rare and much sought after by fans and record collectors.
seriously? heh... i got the redneck manifesto one for a pound, second hand. and it's possibly the best thing they ever did.

Liadain said:
seriously? heh... i got the redneck manifesto one for a pound, second hand. and it's possibly the best thing they ever did.
yep, it's true. hang on to it i guess... :)

damien said:
you released a glen hansard record. hah hah.
there's 5 of us running it. and it's a democracy. i haven't been over the moon with more than one of the releases but we're all friends. that chalets single was total muck.

the dinah brand album is one of my favourite ever releases, never mind irish releases. Almost no one i know agrees with me on this :(

hop said:
the dinah brand album is one of my favourite ever releases, never mind irish releases. Almost no one i know agrees with me on this :(
i think it's pretty amazing.

hop said:
Despite having engineered it I agree with you.
Normally that much exposure to a record makes me never want to listen to it again.
Fortunately, this record makes it onto my CD player every few weeks.
Lyically, one of the strongest albums to comes from Ireland in years.
and nearly nobody bought it

aoboa said:
Despite having engineered it I agree with you.
Normally that much exposure to a record makes me never want to listen to it again.
Fortunately, this record makes it onto my CD player every few weeks.
Lyically, one of the strongest albums to comes from Ireland in years.
and nearly nobody bought it
kudos indeed

damien said:
you released a glen hansard record. hah hah.
Yeah I know, we made a packet out of it though. How do you think we manage to fund the ones that no-one buys? ;)

hop said:
Hey I'm in the "agree with you" club too on this .... I dont understand why every other Irish songwriter doesn't just give up in embarrassment after hearing it ...

hugh said:
Yeah I know, we made a packet out of it though. How do you think we manage to fund the ones that no-one buys? ;)
i wasn't aware we'd ever made a packet out of anything...

hag said:
i wasn't aware we'd ever made a packet out of anything...
Oh shit .... ummmm.... we'll talk about this some other time

hugh said:
Hey I'm in the "agree with you" club too on this .... I dont understand why every other Irish songwriter doesn't just give up in embarrassment after hearing it ...
It'd be cooler if Dylan could write a new album that would make them all simultaneously spontaneously combust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back