• Thread starter 1984
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

Since 2000
Website
www.connectfour.cjb.net
Just thought I'd mention that the Road Relish Launch Party/Gig for RoadRelish #9 will be on the 24th September in Whelans. It features ourselves C4O and Jimmy Behan.

Don't forget the Dudley's launch on Monday.

I'm looking forward to this one...

are there any plans for the Connect4 Orchestra to bring out a mini-album or full length album ?
the rehersal room mp3's were dead good...

Well we hoped to get an EP out by the end of the year but we were struggling to release our first 7" as we don't really make much money from gigs we couldn't afford to, but with a big of help from the redneck's we'll have it in a couple weeks (praying).

But hopefully say by next summer we'll have saved, played, recorded the EP or Album.

A buddhist walks up to a hotdog vendor to get some food.
So the vendor asks : "what would you like?"
The Buddhist replies: "One with everything".

Boom! Boom!

I saw some of the C4O on a bus going to Arklow of all places, while I was waiting for a bus to Dublin(insert insults here e.g.bogger, culchie etc.), I was just hoping you made it back alive?

1984 (06 Sep, 2001 01:10 p.m.):

A buddhist walks up to a hotdog vendor to get some food.
So the vendor asks : "what would you like?"
The Buddhist replies: "One with everything".

Boom! Boom!

A man walks up to buy a hotdog at a buddhist hotdog vendors. A zen master happens to be the only staff member. The man asks for a hotdog with everything.

The zen master complies. The man gives him a tenner for the food. The zen master only gives him 4p in change.

Noticing that the hot dogs cost only £3, the man is understandably upset. He inquires of the Zen master as to why he only gave him 4p back...

The Zen master replies: "All change must come from within".

Boom-titty-boom !

hp (06 Sep, 2001 01:15 p.m.):
I saw some of the C4O on a bus going to Arklow of all places, while I was waiting for a bus to Dublin(insert insults here e.g.bogger, culchie etc.), I was just hoping you made it back alive?

Neil, Andrew and Glenn (all C4O) were down in Wicklow recording John Cowhies Album and we decided to come down and visit them plus Mattie came along to play a bit of banjo on the album. While we there we came up with a great game "Super Ultimate Band Challenge 2000". All will be revealed on Saturday.

I'll probably get in shit now for telling all this.

1984 (06 Sep, 2001 02:02 p.m.):
hp (06 Sep, 2001 01:15 p.m.):

Neil, Andrew and Glenn (all C4O) were down in Wicklow recording John Cowhies Album and we decided to come down and visit them plus Mattie came along to play a bit of banjo on the album. While we there we came up with a great game "Super Ultimate Band Challenge 2000". All will be revealed on Saturday.

I'll probably get in shit now for telling all this.

Yous weren`t in Wicklow Town recording were ya

1984 (06 Sep, 2001 03:42 p.m.):
Nah it was Avoca. The album sounds great by the way.

Excellant was it Anto Mackey doing the recording?
Did you go to the meeting of the waters hotel/bar?

Congrats on the RR#9.
Sounds lovely.
The Behan side is nice too.
When does the singing come in?

:)

heard this last night. shellac played a gig here at 10am on new years day last year. what an amazing idea! everyone was hung over and just got completely pissed again. i think we should do something similar this year, anyone really good friends with john hennessey? or anyone have any serious dirt on him? the hardest thing will (obviously) to get the venue management to open the venue at such a crazy time...

Excellant was it Anto Mackey doing the recording?
Did you go to the meeting of the waters hotel/bar?

Yeah, it was fun we were using a super 8 camera filming the band playing while loads of people were watching from this hotel on the waterfront. Got some cool photo's hope they turn out nice.

Everybody had a country instrument walking through this real country town just alot of staring going on.

joss (06 Sep, 2001 04:31 p.m.):
Congrats on the RR#9.
Sounds lovely.
The Behan side is nice too.
When does the singing come in?

Feel bad saying this but I haven't heard it yet :( I actually don't own a record player (I was a deprived child got my first tape player when I was 8, I only had one tape, it was a christmas present, michael jackson's 'BAD'). But the other lads do so I'll hear it then.

I guess I'm no longer rock 'cos I have no record player, so I'll just go into the corner now and crawl into the fetal position.

c'mon, people, is there nothin goin on there on Sunday night??

between paul ohreally on Thursday, spoons on Friday (ahem), arse on Saturday and then bleedin c4o on Monday....

if i'm gonna suffer kabinfever whelan's style, i might as well go all out.
why waste a fiver on busfare if i can just bring a bleedin sleepin bag?

looking for something to do on sunday night?

well just go down the road from whelans to the international bar and go upstairs to the lazybird club, dj's start at 7.30 estel play at 9.00 then more dj-ing. £3.

nice eh?

FUck!! I hope people will have money left to come in on the Monday due to the weekend festivities...

Ahem...

Now kids too many gigs can rupture ear drums so to preserve hearing leave a day gap between gigs, say starting tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back