Road Records Party! fri sept 10. Full line up & details (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 56
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 2

u:m

u:mack
Present
Road Records Farewell Party
Feauring
The Redneck Manifesto
Female Hercules
Legion Of Two
Patrick Kelleher and his Cold Dead Hands
Cian Nugent
& Road Records DJ’s
The Button Factory
Friday sept 10 2010
Doors 8pm till late
Tickets €16 From city Discs, Sound Cellar & online at www.tickets.ie/umack

On Friday September 10 u:mack are throwing a farewell party for Road Records. The Dublin record shop, which closed down last month, was an integral part of the Dublin underground music scene, and this night is an opportunity for bands, customers and the shops staff to come together for a massive goodbye party. It’s sad the shop has closed, but this party is going to be a lot of fun, please come and help us send the guys off in style, The line up is awesome, and the party will run for 8pm until late. Thanks to Tickets.ie who will not be taking a booking fee for this event.

The Redneck Manifesto
Top of the shop’s staff wish list for this event, we’re delighted to have Ireland’s finest, The Rednecks, headline the party. They’re latest album ”Friendship”, released in march this year set is by far the bands finest release to date. The band Play the Electric Picnic The weekend before (sept 3-sept 5)

Female Hercules
Nineties Garage rock sensation Female Hercules make a very, very special one off reformation for this event. Always a serious party band, it’s a pleaseure to have them on board. They’ll be joined on keyboards by John Hegarty, and on screeching lead guitar by Rock’n’Roll Wildman Moutpiece’s Gaz Le Rock.

Legion Of Two
Legion of Two is the latest project from Alan Oboyle of Decal, where he is joined by veteran Dublin drummer David Lacey. Although Alan's work in Decal has always been notabley eclectic, Legion of Two is far heavier than any of his previous work. Menacing loops ride huge waves of feedback, sounding like Black Flag riffs if Greg Ginn Had been kicked out of the band and replaced by John Carpenter. Huge bass pulsates in precession with David Lacey's incredible pounding drumming locking into a room shaking Jesus Lizard style pounding groove.

Patrick Kelleher and his Cold Dead Hands
Another staff favorite in Road, Patrick Kelleher’s music varies from brooding, tense electronica to jaunty acoustica to 8-bit dance-floor ditties to evocative, experimental pop but always with a twist of something ethereal or idiosyncratic.

Cian Nugent
21 year old virtuoso gutiarist Cian Nugent is the most exciting new act to appear on the Irish music scene in recent years. Combining modern classical with Appalachian string band music, His music boasts an orchestrated and fully instrumented sound that is playful and eerie at the same time.

booked me tix for this. i remember folk getting turned away from andrews lane! really looking forward to it.

Yeah I think so. Call up to the house(Letterkenny obviously) tomorrow.

Has someone got a direct link to the tickets.ie listing. I can't find it. :(

Does anyone know what the deal is with using someone else's credit card for buying tickets for box office collection?

Depends who they are and what you look like. Generally just say the name and maybe reference number. Worst case scenario have a card statement for that card.

Well no, worst case scenario they won't let you in but I've never seen it happen. I got into ATP with a statement from the card that was used (someone else's) and that was for a pile of money.

I look nothing like nor have the same surname as my mam so it may be a problem. I'll figure something else out or maybe get them posted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back