Rise of the Zines... (1 Viewer)

kollin

A zine-plugging thread. Living in Galway so I don't know what zines are out at the moment or if there is any/many(?).

For two reasons:

the first is I'm doing a free sheet called 'Hangover Times' and I want people to contribute and send stuff for review (music,zines,whatever) : kollin, 29 Munster Avenue, Galway. I will also send some to people who might want to hand them out at gigs.

the second reason is that I'm in a band and I would like to send copies of our demo to zines in Ireland for review but I'm not sure what zines review music anymore.

Vive le noise.!ninjaaaa

you're best bet Kollin is to scope out this forum and scope out the punkforit forum, for people posting up about their new zines and then pm them to do a trade or post the cash.

heres two links to punkforit for Shudder To Think #2 and Bonfire Hopskotch #1
http://punk4it.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1157998340
http://punk4it.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1157311439

also recently theres been a new deadly issue of Bite the Hand by Cormie dont think it got mentioned on the interweb. i think Ed is making a new issue of Devil on 45 but since hes in a band now zines are less priority (ha ha). Necro Steve did a zine from Sligo there awhile back im still hoping to get my hands on a copy. oh i picked up a copy of Unset #? in Anthology books the other day. thats about the zine news for you Kollin as far as i know it.

Cheers Anto.Was trying to get some sort of a thread going anyway to get the good bedroom folk of Eirecore land talking about the old zines anyway.

Contributions for this Wednesday's Hangover Times very welcome but you have to get it to me by this evening.Or else your head will explode.

just in case anyone cares, DIRECT HIT is still going. PM me and I'll get back to you.Also, when in Dublin what do the Dubliners do? Are there any good shops where you can buy DIY records, zines, good books. When I visit Dublin, the only place that sells good zines like MRR etc is bloody Tower, surely there must be somewhere else. Anyone down there know, will save my poor feet trecking around back streets in hope of finding a wee haven.

the latest copy of lugnut came out a wee while ago. basically a primer on anti-civillizationist ideas for punks. no band interviews or vegan recipes, sorry. I'll throw one your way kollin. anyone else want one, pm me or post here.

Hey man, I can't pm you (it's disabled). Would like to get a copy of it off you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back