replacing a fuse in a guitar amp (1 Viewer)

Its a time lag fuse you need. Tube Amps in particular use Time-lag fuses for the main fuse. Tube amps have an initial surge of electricity, I believe, before the tubes warm up and then everything settles down and you have blissful earsplitting heaven.
And solid state ones don't really care but generally get loafed with the same types of time-lag fuse.
You just need to get the correct current rating on the fuse which hopefully you have noted from the old fuse before you through it in disgust in the bin.

Its a time lag fuse you need. Tube Amps in particular use Time-lag fuses for the main fuse. Tube amps have an initial surge of electricity, I believe, before the tubes warm up and then everything settles down and you have blissful earsplitting heaven.
And solid state ones don't really care but generally get loafed with the same types of time-lag fuse.
You just need to get the correct current rating on the fuse which hopefully you have noted from the old fuse before you through it in disgust in the bin.

My transistor amp is all quick acting F2A's.

You also might wanna check the dates of the stuff you're replying to. Welcome. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back