Release the stress (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by coraline

em no, please explain:confused:

i'm thinking of coming tonight with a little notebook and pencil dangling from my neck in the style of a poor little mute girl.

Cool, an Ellen Jamsian!

Originally posited by Ian

Cool, an Ellen Jamsian!

She didn't say she'd cut out her tongue too.

Apologies à le 'Tone et al.
I is playing rekkids in le maison de thomas this evening.

Originally posted by snakybus
I'm going oot and aboot with my cyber-buddy Snoot. Maybe we'll hire a boot and go fishin for some troot.

you're use of the word "boot" here is erroneous.Canadicans would more than likely say it like this:"bowt"

how aboot some hawckey.

a film came out here recently called Fubar (Fucked up beyond all recognition) and it's taking the piss of two headbangers from calgary.If by any chance it gets shown back home,you should definitely go and see it.hilarious.

It's what the Linux heads I work with call test programs.
Foo or Bar.
Meaning the same Fucked-Up-Beyond-All-Recognition.
And they wear t-shirts with Foo on them.
Yes.

I used to work in a place and there were loads of servers and the computer guys called them all names of South Park and Simpsons characters and shite films like Armageddon and Judgement Day. For some reason this made me very depressed. Nothing against those cartoons like, but it turned out after a while that that was as far as their cultural interest went. That and reading "Viz".:(

When they were drunk they'd have sing songs - how many times do you have to listen to "Willy MacBride" and "The Fields of Athenry" out of tune before you go clinically insane? Less than you might think.

I used to work in a place and there were loads of servers and the computer guys called them all names of South Park and Simpsons characters and shite films like Armageddon and Judgement Day. For some reason this made me very depressed. Nothing against those cartoons like, but it turned out after a while that that was as far as their cultural interest went. That and reading "Viz".:(

When they were drunk they'd have sing songs - how many times do you have to listen to "Willy MacBride" and "The Fields of Athenry" out of tune before you go clinically insane? Less than you might think.

yeah,but linux heads are way more out there than fuckin windows nt server wankers.

(i just presumed that the guys you referred to were nt wankers,and everyone knows presumption is the root of all misunderstadning)

wow, so there's a taxonomy of computer heads?

I haven't really observed them to that degree. I do remember that the IT guys were actually pretty sound guys, and software programmers had more of a tendency to be snobbish (like for what reason?!?) and uncommunicative. My theory was that IT guys had to deal with real life, ie hardware problems, people's computers breaking etc, whereas programmers spent all their time in a virtual world.

Not like me. You wouldn't catch me doing that, no way.

wow, so there's a taxonomy of computer heads?

I haven't really observed them to that degree. I do remember that the IT guys were actually pretty sound guys, and software programmers had more of a tendency to be snobbish (like for what reason?!?) and uncommunicative. My theory was that IT guys had to deal with real life, ie hardware problems, people's computers breaking etc, whereas programmers spent all their time in a virtual world.

Not like me. You wouldn't catch me doing that, no way.

hey watch it,i'm a programmer(apparently).

there definitely is a taxonomy of computer heads,i would break them down like so:

VB/C++/Java programmers:your regular developer,can be nice people but are usually depressed because they have to code bullshit like accounting or banking software

Web Developers:Usually creative people whose creativity is stifled by some wanker wanting a "nice" page layout

Call Centre people:When they start the job they look forward to meeting new people and helping others out,by the end,they are contemptuous hate filled bastards because of calls from people who simply haven't a clue

Linux/Unix heads:complete nerds who started out by programming some neural networks on their commodore 64 when they were 6

Assembler programmers:you don't want to know

oops sorry nine

I've got nothing against programmers of any description, that was just my experience in one place I worked, and to be honest most of them were okay. I think just the workplace in general is a bland place, no matter what you do.

So why am I still here? I've got a gig to go to.

See you folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back