red ink books to close it's doors (for awhile) (2 Viewers)

weeler said:
Chomsky private talk for anarchists on thursday

Weeler you going to that? myself and two lads were invited and we'll be the Limerick reps at it :D hope to see you there if you are!

And as for Red Ink, that sucks but I'll be going in on Thursday to buy what I can!!

weeler said:
Anarchist bookfair in march, seomra spraoi opening as a drop in space with 900 zines and a radical library, Chomsky private talk for anarchists on thursday, revolt video collective room, wsm office, two community gardens and loads of gigs.

Just off the top of my head, that's what dublin has now, red-ink will be missed but the same way the record store coming to an end wasn't that big a deal I'm sure red ink closing won't have that big an effect. Hopefully new and good things will pop up. Stop whining.

I meant in terms of bookshops/record stores....

Not whining, reminiscing is more the word....

Ahh this is bollocks, I've only ever been into Red Ink once and at the time I didn't even know it was Red Ink I was standing in. :(

byrneos said:
give me friendly open to everyone red ink over private talk for some eilite any day.

Well, they're not mutually exclusive. Besides which, you're harder to approach or try talk to than chomsky.

at the risk of sounding like an ignoramus, but is there anyway that seomra spraoi would take over or have space for some of the zines and things? so maybe it could act as a temporary extension of red ink....i dunno, maybe this has already been discussed
:)

La La said:
at the risk of sounding like an ignoramus, but is there anyway that seomra spraoi would take over or have space for some of the zines and things? so maybe it could act as a temporary extension of red ink....i dunno, maybe this has already been discussed

Jesus, pay attention! :p

jaysus sorry

weeler said:
red-ink will be missed but the same way the record store coming to an end wasn't that big a deal I'm sure red ink closing won't have that big an effect.

Maybe not in terms of effect, but they don't compare in other friendlier aspects.

I'll definately miss it! *sniff*

byrneos said:
give me friendly open to everyone red ink over private talk for some eilite any day.

dito... but if your interested theres another chomsky talk on thursday in ucd thats open to the public, its in o'reilly which seats about 800, free in & doors at 6... was at one last night, well worth making the trip out to the aul grey concrete campus for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back