red ink books to close it's doors (for awhile) (1 Viewer)

love jones

hello there everybody,

yes, red ink books and murder city will be closing down the last week of Febuary. Why? many reasons. Anyway,

The book shop will be gone, but we will still be operating sort of as a distro, as in, if something comes out and it's too good not to get, we will distro it at gigs or whatever. Eg. new cometbus book or something.

We will be putting in one last order before we close, so if there is anything anyone wants please get in touch. PM me here or go to the shop.
You can check these publishers to see whats hot! deadline is 5 days from today.
www.lastgasp.com
[SIZE=-1]www.akpress.org

Thanks so much to everyone who has helped out since May 04. And thanks for helping to spread crazy books and zines into Ireland. We will miss the shop a lot ourselves, but dublin rent is too much to deal with!

Also, if anyone has any sale or return items in the shop, please come and collect them, or get paid out. Otherwise you will not get paid and loose your stuff. After the shop is closed we take no responsability for those items.

Any red ink books activity after the shop closes will be posted up on the net, so we're not gone forever.

Thanks again.
Willie & Natalia
red ink books
Dublin
[/SIZE]

I feel guilty most I only ever bought some small patches but we did look at the glossy book with naked tattooed women :eek:

This is horrible news. Im really going to miss that place and everything it brought to Dublin. Hope it pops up again in some form or another in the future.
Thanks a million to everyone who was involved. .|..| :heart:

yous are the best, thanks loads for all the time and effort and making Dublin a better place to live in.:heart:.|..|:heart:

You close just as I get a job and could finally buy stuff!!

ps. Don't forget my brains order

mazzyianne said:
yous are the best, thanks loads for all the time and effort and making Dublin a better place to live in.:heart:.|..|:heart:

seconded. sad news, good luck to everyone involved in their future endevours.

Its a sad day that one of the interesting things about dublin is to go . Fair fucks to all the red ink krew and murder city krew for all they did and the great propaganda they preverted the children of dublin with , best of luck with future plans , i know you have many more......

yeh this is a real shame. and will be greatly missed.
its a sad day for zines and their existence, as almost nowhere else in Dublin will take them anymore, the small record shops (eg. Road, Spindizzy) "don't have space" & theres not enough turnover off them, the comic shops likewise. the only places left from now on will be Anthology Books and Freebird Records. the chances of getting any kind of readership (outside of gig-goers/ those in the know) are dismal....
ah man i could almost weep...

thanks a million to willie and natalia, your kind and helpful words got me going with the zine, i owe a lot of the drive i got to write in the end from both of you. red ink was a lovely store, and always gave me somewhere interesting to have a peek in/a chat when i was wondering around town.

much love and respect.
thanks for all you've done in the DIy community ;-)

:( Sorry it has to be this way! The shop was a brilliant thing, so thanks for providing that as long as you could..|..|

Fuck.... what does Dublin have now? SFA.... Losing it's coolest ever bookshop/recordshop.... erk...

It was amazing while it lasted, heres hoping you guys get something deadly going again soon....

ci said:
Fuck.... what does Dublin have now?

Anarchist bookfair in march, seomra spraoi opening as a drop in space with 900 zines and a radical library, Chomsky private talk for anarchists on thursday, revolt video collective room, wsm office, two community gardens and loads of gigs.

Just off the top of my head, that's what dublin has now, red-ink will be missed but the same way the record store coming to an end wasn't that big a deal I'm sure red ink closing won't have that big an effect. Hopefully new and good things will pop up. Stop whining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back