Recording on pc (1 Viewer)

spoonfull66

Hi guys,

i have a question, I'm totally ignorant about home recording i just bougth a pc and i want to record myself.

I bougth an audio card M-Audio firewire 410 now i would like to know wich software is best suitable for recording.

Many people suggest me with Cubase, my question is how it works cubase?I much cost new? And it's difficult to use.

If anyone has info can spare 'em with me?

thanks in advance

hey

if yer just messin around and wanna get the hang of the whole recordin on pc thing and want something dead easy I reckon Cool Edit Pro will do ya... if ya have limewire or bearshare ya should be able to download it for free (Adobe bought it later and called it Adobe Audition), if ya cant get it for free gimme a shout. But its straightforward, dead easy and more of an introduction to home recordin with good quality results. other than that there are thousands of options, i swear by Nuendo (same people who make cubase), there are loadsa demos around and a few cracked versions if ya really wanna go that way, but its better than all the others ive used, especially if yer recordin more that 4 channels at the same time or ya wanna use high quality effects... but if ye intend on burnin or masterin cds yourself you'll need a seperate programme theres a good few of them too but yeah gimme a shout if ya wanna know more

Did you get a software package with your m-audio card?
Might be a good place to start.
There's demos out there on the net you could try.
Adobe Audition certainly had a demo a wee while back, anyway.

I've got a Dell laptop (Inspiron 6000), a free version of Cubase (shhhh, don't tell the children) & an Edirol FA 101 interface.
All works fine together.

You shouldn't need to spend much if your only messing about at home.

Really, reaaly dumbing it down here

I have a new PC with , I assume, a decent enough sound card

I have a copy of soundforge

What do I need to start recording guitar ..into.. the PC?

A microphone or an adaptor jack that plugs into the back of the PC?

or what?

You need an interface.
I have an Edirol FA-101 but there's loads of them on Musicstore & Thomann.
Type 'interface' into Musicstore's search bar & you should see a few.

You'll probably need a firewire connection on your computer although some interfaces use USB.

There are 2 types of Firewire connections, 4-pin & 6-pin. Check to see if your computer has one of these
View attachment 4392

View attachment 4393

but it shouldn't matter which one you get cos there are cables you can get to go from 1 to the other.

View attachment 4394

My Dell laptop had a 4-pin Firewire connection but my drummer had to get one put in after he'd bought his new Dell desktop.

I'll tell you my setup - lo-fi record whatever i'm recording from my creative zen.Then shoot them into the computer and chop it up in audacity! Ghetto!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back