Record shops in Italy. (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
I'm looking at you Anarcho Bob.

It was asked on another board I post on and the author got no response of worth.
He'll be visiting

Venice
Milan
Cinque Terre
Tuscany
Rome

Thanks

I found a cool second hand place in Florence last week. Bought Queen II and Sheer Heart Attack. Loads of old 80s metal, new wave and garage 7 inches, comics and stuff. Koool!

It's on Viale Francesco Petrarca, at the northern end.

Picture4-1.png
The little "A" on here is the street but it's further up than that.

I'll find out the name tomorrow when I'm down that way.

There is none in Milan, as the only one that sold punk/hardcore/garage/etc stuff has stopped selling records and now only sells clothes. If however he is willing to travel an hour by car, there is a record shop in Como which sells some pretty cool stuff.

Not sure about Florence. There are some shops that sell records, but have the feeling that the only one that sold punk/hardcore stuff is now closed down as I tried to look for it myself but couldn't find it. Will ask if it's still going. As for more generally Tuscany I am not 100% sure.

Pretty sure there is none in Cinque Terre and not sure there is any in the area. If there was any it would probably be in either Genoa (which is an hour and a half away) or in La Spezia (which is 45 minutes away).

And as for Venice, I have no idea. But someone once mentioned a record shop to me.

Will try to ask around to few people who live in those areas and see what they say about punk/hardcore record shops. If he is simply looking at any kind of record shop there is definitely more and most if not all of those places will have something decent.

Forgot about Rome. There are two which are especially good for hardcore/punk: Goodfellas and Hellnation.

Hellnation is especially a favourite by nearly all the people I know in Rome that are into hardcore/punk. Never been myself, but have been told that the choice is great and that the staff is extremely helpful.

I've been to those ones myself. The guy in Hellnation got all excited when I started asking about old italian bands. Unfortunately his english was very basic and my italian is non existant. Still got a bunch of cool reissues from him though. The other one is quite out of the way,in a studenty area? It was ok,I found a few things there but nothing italian.

Thanks bob,any info on non punk shops too. Anything that sells vinyl basically.

Ah perfect.

In that case there is Galleria del Disco in Florence, which is in the underpass underneath the Santa Maria Novella train station. Not much stuff but few interesting things.
Also in Florence there is a Ricordi store, which are in every main city (so also Rome, Milan and Venice) which have some vinyl. Depends on the period and the city but there can be some interesting stuff, just a bit pricey. I didn't have a chance to go while I was in Florence, but there is this shop called Rock Bottom Records which sells only vinyl and was told it has a huge selection of stuff.
I think that is about it, most other places only sell CDs.

In Milan the same story, there is a Ricordi store pretty much in the Piazza Duomo area.
Other shops I know of are:
- Mariposa Dischi: used to sell vinyl but haven't been there in litterally 4 years so not sure they still do;
- New Zabriskie Point: never been there but I am told it's good;
- Buscemi Dischi: haven't been there in years so no idea how it is now;
- Little Music Shop.

As for Rome I know there are definitely a good few shops, which carry a lot of different genres. The ones I know of are:
- Elastic Rock: which I hear is very popular;
- Billy Bones: which sells a lot of county, rockabilly, rock'n'roll and that sort of stuff, besides some punk but is not in Rome itself;
- Metropoli Rock: which apparently has a really good selection of stuff;
- Mille Records: which focuses mostly on metal and hard rock;
- Disfunzioni Musicali;
- Transmission;
- Pink Moon.

Also been told that the record shop in Florence I was thinking of is Data Records and it's apparently quite pricey (like most things in Florence).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back