Record Fair/exchange (2 Viewers)

M. Stratosphere

Thinking of doing a small one, in a pub maybe on a Sunday afternoon. Anyone interested?
Grab a table sell a few records or maybe exchange with other people who bring stuff along. Have a few scoops, play some records, even if you only shift 10% it’s a little more space at home to fill.
What cha think? Venue ideas?

hopefully thee is enough interest for it to happen. And it ends up on a day I can make it too.
I would most likely only bring records that I'd already arranged a trade for as at the punk one a while back I brought a ton of stuff and brought most of it back home. I may as well use this as a chance to post my list(incomplete) as I was gonna resurrect my old trading threads anyway.
http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/garyoak/

There is also a record fair coming up in march
IN THIS ISSUE – WATERFORD AND DUBLIN MUSIC FAIRS, FREE TICKET COMPETITION , FREE ENTRY TO THE DUBLIN FAIR AND EVEN SOME HAZARDOUS WASTE! BEST WISHES FOR 2007!
Comet Presents:

THE MUSIC, CD & RECORD FAIR
AT
FILMBASE
CURVED STREET, TEMPLE BAR, DUBLIN 2
BESIDE

THE TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE
ON
SAT&SUN
MARCH 24TH & 25TH
10.30am - 6.30pm Each Day Admission €3 buy-sell-exchange

Please print the e-flyer at the bottom of the page to get FREE ADMISSION on the Sunday!
45 TABLES WITH NEW DEALERS FROM IRELAND AND THE U.K.
BARGAINS & RARITIES GALORE!
1O,OOO’S OF RECORDS, CDs, DVDs
& ASSOCIATED MEMORABILIA
DISCOUNT CDs & COLLECTORS RARITIES
ALL TASTES IN MUSIC CATERED FOR!

PLUS

A FREE ENTRY TO THE DRAW
FOR 2 TOP CONCERT TICKETS
OF YOUR CHOICE :
SUGABABES, SNOOP DOGG&P.DIDDY, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE,
DAVE MATTHEWS BAND,
& MANY OTHERS!!!
AND
A CD & RECORD FAIR
WILL BE HELD
AT
DOOLEYS HOTEL
WATERFORD
ON
SAT. FEBRUARY 17TH
FROM 11AM UNTIL 6PM

In all fairness,it probably won't be as exciting as you hope. But if you're prepared to spend a day digging you'll definately find stuff. I imagine I'll be at at least one of the days.

Oh I know that. The one that travels around Ireland is awful. That one guy with all the good stuff is way way overpriced. There can be the odd good thing there though.

you'll find good records at ok prices - not cheap, but not extortionate

best i got at the last one was the orig blue cheer 'outsideinside'
i enjoy em

Idiot friend went to the last one before I went with him to warn him. Picked up a (brand new) Sonic Youth 7". Its like $5 to buy postage paid off any normal site. He paid 9 quid for it

generally these record fairs are over priced, with not much decent stuff. if you sell dance 12" the going rate is 1 euro and albums is 3 unless it rare, so thats why i think it would be better if we did it ourselves.
so if you've any b-boy electro, chicago 85-91, DIY punk 7's general psych and kraut or if your uncle was in Turkey circa early 70's and happened upon some vinyl before it was all melted for oil i'll ave 'em,or generally any recent stuff across the board that didn't flick your switch but somebody else might dig bring them along
i can give ya a couple of Cast or Gaydad cd singles??
i asked the lad in Anseo and he said he'd let us do it..
any other thoughts on venues?

if your uncle was in Turkey circa early 70's

haha good luck. actually i got loads of amazing records off my uncle

george bernard shaw? probably not a great layout...upstairs in anseo = too small?

digging up this old idea as i'm still keen to do it.

have 3 definites, and i need a serious clean out of the room, records all over the floor is not a good look...

couple of scoops, few hours chatting about records, play some music, maybe even swap some good stuff!! who's in? don't need to bring a car load.

answer below and i'll sort out a venue

Count me in.i've got a load of stuff I never listen to that I don't know what to do with.Alot of 30's and 40's jazz for one thing ( I used to be into sampling).

sound. i'll have a chat with a potential venue and get back.
i think the more varied the better, i'll certainly have punk and jazz with me.

right then!

have sorted a venue. Anseo are willing to give us the run of the place.

Was thinking a Sunday 2-6. They'll open early for us as well, oh and if your having a table, you have to DJ for half an hour...

so Roll call and state what Sunday suits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back