Recommend me some good heavy bass strings (1 Viewer)

buy a decent set for a 5 string bass,use the heaviest five,adjust the nut if you need to.had to tune to around f at one stage,worked just about ok for that.

Ha! My thoughts exactly. I just hope he's not thinking of putting them on his guitar because that would be big trouble in little Mackle town.

He was on about using a bass through a guitar amp a while back so I reckon he has a bass.

I wonder is it a squire jazz? :rolleyes:

Drop A....
You will have to get a set up done on your bass too if you don't want to be playing the guitar equivalent of a washing line.
Also for any clarity at all you will need a good a bass amp and guitar otherwise its gonna be too dirgy to make out anything at all...not in a good way either.
Anyway good luck Mackle, looking forward to seeing you play.

Yeh I've been playing bass for a few years now. But I recently started playing bass in my band so I'm starting to take it a bit more seriously.

Was thinking I'd need a good amp as well because the amp I have at the minute sounds like shit even at drop C. Been looking for a good bass amp lately but I cant see anything in my price range that suits.

Aonghus if you had to file the nut out for the lowest string, when you wanted to playa four string set was the nut not too wide for the string?

Yeh I've been playing bass for a few years now. But I recently started playing bass in my band so I'm starting to take it a bit more seriously.

Was thinking I'd need a good amp as well because the amp I have at the minute sounds like shit even at drop C. Been looking for a good bass amp lately but I cant see anything in my price range that suits.

Aonghus if you had to file the nut out for the lowest string, when you wanted to playa four string set was the nut not too wide for the string?

If you want to bring the guitar down with you next time yer south, I'll fix it up for ya.

Bass through a guitar amp = bad, guitar through a bass amp = good, bass through a bass amp = good.

Ya wanna get one of those massive Ampeg rigs, or that Sound City and 4x12 Angels is thinking of buying off adverts.ie (sure he'll never use it anyway!).

:p

Aonghus if you had to file the nut out for the lowest string, when you wanted to playa four string set was the nut not too wide for the string?​
don't think the nut being a little too wide would really matter so much,anyway if you wanted to change back at some point,its a really cheap part to get again.
Ya wanna get one of those massive Ampeg rigs, or that Sound City and 4x12 Angels is thinking of buying off adverts.ie (sure he'll never use it anyway!).
i tune to fsharp i'll have you know

If you want to bring the guitar down with you next time yer south, I'll fix it up for ya.

That would be great if you dont mind! Useless at that sorta thing. Probably be down your way at the end of the month for Yellow Swans and the gig in the lower deck yous are playing the next day

Here Bastard, will you set up my new bass for me too? the action's way too low.

I'll repay you in the only way I know how. ;)

That would be great if you dont mind! Useless at that sorta thing. Probably be down your way at the end of the month for Yellow Swans and the gig in the lower deck yous are playing the next day​

Yeah, ney bother. Might have to wait until after I'm back from Bradford but it shouldn't be a problem.

Here Bastard, will you set up my new bass for me too? the action's way too low.
I'll repay you in the only way I know how. ;)

Yeah, I'll have a look at it for ya alright, see what I can do. Payment in drugs and handjobs, yeah? Cool.

Anyone else need a bit of work done on their instruments (you know the ones I mean ;)), drop us a line.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back