Recommend me a pedal... (1 Viewer)

killy kill

(Retired)
Looking for something light and responsive, for playin hardcore/crust beats. have used those shitty Tama generic yokes you pick for 70-80 notes in the past but i've about 300 euros to burn. Any help?
Single only .|..|

Pearl elimator. Im playing hardcore crusty stuff. Three different cams come with it for different feel and powershifter function too (lets you adjust the angle of the foot plate). Ive had mine 3 or 4 years now. Never a problem.

moz-screenshot-3.jpg
142540.jpg

http://www.thomann.de/ie/pearl_p2000b.htm

Ive the chain drive model.

Iron Cobra from me aswell, I've been using half of a Tama Iron Cobra double kick with the beater turn so the hard side hit the skin for extra thwack(.|..|)that I got off my bass player for about 3 years now and its hands down the best pedal I've ever used. Took a bit of gettin used to and I've a feeling its sorta had its day at this stage but its still amazing.
Its half of this piece.
lrg-3532-hp200tw_pic.jpg

Pearl elimator. Im playing hardcore crusty stuff. Three different cams come with it for different feel and powershifter function too (lets you adjust the angle of the foot plate). Ive had mine 3 or 4 years now. Never a problem.

moz-screenshot-3.jpg
142540.jpg

http://www.thomann.de/ie/pearl_p2000b.htm

Ive the chain drive model.
Sound, I was hopin urself or ken/easpa measa would respond to this actually. price is right too .|..|

Still one of my faves is the pearl ones from around 2000. Ive got one on my practice kit back home in tipp. Its cheap with a strap drive. Its so smooth though.

basic_pedal.jpg

Might actually start carrying it as a spare. My kick pedal failed half way through our last song when OFAC where playing in Frankfurt last summer, i just lost the plot and kicked the whole kit off the riser and walked off stage. I was raging but everyone thought it was part of the "show".

*there was gaffa tape on the drum head which had worn down to the gluey stuff. The beater just stuck to the head. Aaaaaah! Has this ever happened to any of ye?

yeah happened in galway. but it was a silly gig anyways so i didnt care. seems to always happen midway through the last song though.

worse is playing on a house kit that has a bass drum that feels like its sitting on ice.
sliiiiiiiide. nearly killed a field full of people in glasgow once when it happened to me for an entire gig with no road crew.

yeah happened in galway. but it was a silly gig anyways so i didnt care. seems to always happen midway through the last song though.

worse is playing on a house kit that has a bass drum that feels like its sitting on ice.
sliiiiiiiide. nearly killed a field full of people in glasgow once when it happened to me for an entire gig with no road crew.

Must be tough doing an entire gig with no road crew.

*there was gaffa tape on the drum head which had worn down to the gluey stuff. The beater just stuck to the head. Aaaaaah! Has this ever happened to any of ye?

Yeah happened me a few years back when Droppin Bombs were supporting P.A.I.N in voodoo, fuckin nightmare from start to finish couldn't do anything about it and to top it off, the gig was being RECORDED by some sound engineer lad who we offered to record and mix the set for a very reasonable price. I've learned from that to always patch up where the beater hits with cardboard or whatever and tape around it.

Other hilarious kick pedal malfunction tales of mine include the fuckin beater coming completely off the pedal in the middle of our last song when we supported Subhumans. Fuckin joke.

Sound, I was hopin urself or ken/easpa measa would respond to this actually. price is right too .|..|
Here is my hungover in Germany response. I use a pearl eliminator double pedal and its the business. Its great, it makes noise when you push your foot down. Great

Must be tough doing an entire gig with no road crew.
whats that supposed to mean?
it was a big festival gig where its normal to have crew. in fact, to not have crew would be verrrry risky. an extra pair of hands wouldve been able to help me out straight away rather than me freaking out and not playing as well as i shouldve.

whats that supposed to mean?
it was a big festival gig where its normal to have crew. in fact, to not have crew would be verrrry risky. an extra pair of hands wouldve been able to help me out straight away rather than me freaking out and not playing as well as i shouldve.

I was just joshing, It even got me some rep. Sorry dude.

I was just joshing, It even got me some rep. Sorry dude.
ah no worries. i just dont like when some people look at having roadies as being excessive...thats all!
its funny actually, when you have a tech/roadie with you on the road you really get used to it. then you do a gig without one and its actually pretty scary, which is stupid now that i think about it.
peace out!

Twas I that repped him, it just looked funny at first to see "whole gig no road crew" as a big deal when I imagined it to be just an average gig in a dublin venue and I'm pretty sure moose thought the same, its more understandable for a big festival gig alright

I have a new one of these:

257755_500.jpg

Pearl P-900 Powershifter pedal with base plate, single chain drive.

...That I got with my new kit (I already gots a pedal) if you want it? Reeeaaal cheap like.

I have a new one of these:

257755_500.jpg

Pearl P-900 Powershifter pedal with base plate, single chain drive.

...That I got with my new kit (I already gots a pedal) if you want it? Reeeaaal cheap like.

I may want it. PMing ya now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back