Recommend cool DVD's to buy here (2 Viewers)

no idea, man - been in a similar rut myself.
i have completely expended the hmv sales
it was pretty much just a pick-up place for shit you'd never pay full price for but is worth owning (duh)

the only even vaguely cool shit i'm picking up lately is second hand on vhs. even that's been dry.

Just rent them George, get out Bad Boy Bubby!
Plot: best film ever! he's 35 trapped in a room by his mother, his whole life the ma shags him for the first 20 mins of the film and then he gets out and joins an Improv band, or else spring, summer , autumn, winter, the Korean one, it's sinister!

rowdy row tinka said:
Just rent them George, get out Bad Boy Bubby!
Plot: best film ever! he's 35 trapped in a room by his mother, his whole life the ma shags him for the first 20 mins of the film and then he gets out and joins an Improv band, or else spring, summer , autumn, winter, the Korean one, it's sinister!

tell me about spring, summer, autumn, winter Rowdy? bad boy bubby is australian isn't it? i'll only watch it if Joe Mangel isn't in it

http://www.sonyclassics.com/spring/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374546/

Or do you wanna hear my version Darren:
ok ya twisted me arm. A little guy baby is found on a frozen lake by a monk, he grows up a bit naughty, ties stones to fish and frog's legs so they can't swim, so they die, well at least the fish, and the monk makes the young lad wear a rock tied round his leg to see how he likes it, that dosent teach him though,Now a teenage monk, this ill teenage girl comes on a retreat, first other people hes ever seen, and he starts shaggin her,and ya see their arses and everything! ha ha!

Buffalo 66 if you haven't already got it? its deadly.
Love Liza. soundtrack by Jim 'Diamond' O'Rourke starring Philip Seymour Hoffman. Savage!!

rowdy row tinka said:
Oh I think he's already seen Buffalo 66, about fuckin 66 times

Gets better every time!:)

'There was nobody that I liked because girls stink. They stink. They're evil. And they're all bad. They're backstabbers, like you.'

get this bad boy!!
fear_loathing_criterion_dvd.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007ELDF/?tag=thumpedcom-20

THRILLHO said:
Day of the Dead: SE
Cronos: SE
The Clonus Horror
Also, Xtravision's 2-for-20 sale is pretty cool. Got Brotherhood there. Still haven't watched it though.

ah just saw the day of the dead SE today on play.. i think that documentary is on my dvd already.. it's the one with the zombie who looks like he's in Thriller on the front of it..some german company

The Clonus Horror sounds good

nofriendo said:

Criterion Collection DVDs are the bomb.

I'd recommend their editions of

Slacker
Short Cuts
John Cassavetes - Five Films This one has the three hour documentary called A Constant Forge that's missing on the region 2 version. Essential.

Some horror
Black Christmas
Prom Night
Happy Birthday To Me

Some gritty
Blue Collar
Cutter's Way
The Principal

Yeah 'Cutter's Way' definitely. If you've only seen John Heard looking angry in 'Home Alone' prepare yourself for a savage performance. All the leads are great though. If you've never seen it you should make it your next viewing.

I've been mad to see that 'Breaking In' for too long. I'd say it's a right hoot.

Also these 'Bottle Rocket' 'Wiseblood'( completely forgotten masterpiece - as good as the book) 'Thunderbolt and Lightfoot' 'eight men out' (not just for Straithairn).

george mcfly said:
The Principal is a pretty deadly film..wasn't this originally intended as a John Belushi film back in the very early 80's? James Belushi was asked to do it after he died

You haven't lived untill you've seen the dubbed Spanish version: "El Rector"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back