recipe thread? (1 Viewer)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
i'm just waiting for some goulash to cook and thought it would be interesting to have a recipe thread. veggie goulash is one of my favourite things to make, you can have it vegan with soya cream or lacto-veggie with sour cream/yogurt.

fry up a block of tofu (cut in cubes, or circle a's, or whatever) till it's well browned (tahoe tofu is the best, good, firm, dense tofu that can take a good frying. otherwise the stuff you get in oriental emporium is pretty good too, just don't buy tofu from health food shops or supermarkets cos they rip you off big-time and the tofu is shit). take the tofu off once well-fried and fry 2 onions + as much garlic as you want (3-20 cloves? depending on your level of garlic love) in the same pan, return tofu to pan, add 1 tablespoon each of flour and paprika, fry a bit more on low heat then add 2 tins of tomatoes, stir well and transfer to the oven in a casserole dish or covered oven-friendly pot at 140*C for 2 hours. after the 2 hours chop up 2 or so green peppers and stir them into the pot, cook for a further 30 mins.
while the peppers are cooking, cook up some rice and make your soya cream (or take the lid off your sour cream/yogurt and put it in a bowl), set the table and practice smug wifely poses while sneaking nips of cooking sherry.

put on a plate; eat.

i'm just waiting for some goulash to cook and thought it would be interesting to have a recipe thread. veggie goulash is one of my favourite things to make, you can have it vegan with soya cream or lacto-veggie with sour cream/yogurt.

fry up a block of tofu (cut in cubes, or circle a's, or whatever) till it's well browned (tahoe tofu is the best, good, firm, dense tofu that can take a good frying. otherwise the stuff you get in oriental emporium is pretty good too, just don't buy tofu from health food shops or supermarkets cos they rip you off big-time and the tofu is shit). take the tofu off once well-fried and fry 2 onions + as much garlic as you want (3-20 cloves? depending on your level of garlic love) in the same pan, return tofu to pan, add 1 tablespoon each of flour and paprika, fry a bit more on low heat then add 2 tins of tomatoes, stir well and transfer to the oven in a casserole dish or covered oven-friendly pot at 140*C for 2 hours. after the 2 hours chop up 2 or so green peppers and stir them into the pot, cook for a further 30 mins.
while the peppers are cooking, cook up some rice and make your soya cream (or take the lid off your sour cream/yogurt and put it in a bowl), set the table and practice smug wifely poses while sneaking nips of cooking sherry.

put on a plate; eat.

I likes me tofu the ways I's Likes me burds!!!!

looks yum might give it ago on monday. but tis the weekend now falafal and donkeys all the ways

Heres a recepie you all might like. It used Scrumpy Jack so I was embarrased to put it on the Food board (you all know there is one right?)

Basically its cod baked in scrumpy jack with shallots lots of garlic and some chillis and a few slice of lemon. Not much else to say really except only use Scrumpy or something equally dry.

here's the recipe for lemon explosion cake from 'the cake scoffer' as well, which is a really nice little book, for copies email [email protected] although i'm not sure if he only does wholesale.
anyway:
this is a pretty small cake so double or triple up if you're cooking for lots of people.

4 oz (115 g) margarine
6 oz (170 g) self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 oz (170 g) caster sugar
egg replacer powder to the equivalent of two eggs - i don't actually bother with this; if you similarly can't be arsed tracking down egg replacer, or don't believe in it, just bung in a tiny bit extra baking powder and a tablespoon of water or so. makes no difference.
4 tbsp soya milk
1 grated lemon rind

juice of 1 lemon
icing sugar

sift together the flour, baking powder, lemon rind and sugar
melt the marge gently in a pot, add it to the flour etc along with egg replacer (or not) and soya milk. mix well - mixture should be pretty stiff for this cake but if it's too stiff to mix properly add a little soya milk.
grease a cake tin with margarine and sprinkle it with flour, shaking off the excess flour. spoon the cake mix in and bake at 175*C for 40 mins.
mix the lemon juice with as much icing sugar as it takes to get the icing consistency you want. pour the icing over the cake pretty soon after it's out of the oven, so the icing all sinks into the cake and it's lovely and all. and all.
that's it.

Heres a recepie you all might like. It used Scrumpy Jack so I was embarrased to put it on the Food board (you all know there is one right?)

Basically its cod baked in scrumpy jack with shallots lots of garlic and some chillis and a few slice of lemon. Not much else to say really except only use Scrumpy or something equally dry.

I mean comon you gotta be kidding roight, like do you even know where you are ,gawd

Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
(makes 12 muffin cups)

½ cup margarine (non-dairy spread)
¾ cup of Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy – I use crunchy)
¼ cup sugar in the raw
¾ cup of crushed graham cracker or here plain/sweet digestive biscuit smashed up.
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate to melt.
A bit of soymilk.
Paper cups.

1. Melt margarine in pan.
2. Add peanut butter until it’s a relatively smooth liquid.
3. Add sugar and graham/biscuit crumbs
4. Take off heat and spoon into cups.
5. Put them in refrigerator to cool
6. Melt chocolate – be careful not to burn and add a bit of soymilk to make it smoother. Do this by sight.
7. Pour chocolate on top of peanut butter cups and but back into refrigerator to cool for an a few hours.
8. Decorate tops if you so desire.

Seriously good.

oh yeah by the way, for recipes like the goulash where you have the tofu stewing for a while (but depending on the tofu..), it's good to freeze then defrost the tofu before using it, it completely changes the texture. makes it more meaty/absorbent, and we all love meat, don't we. yum yum.

Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
(makes 12 muffin cups)

½ cup margarine (non-dairy spread)
¾ cup of Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy – I use crunchy)
¼ cup sugar in the raw
¾ cup of crushed graham cracker or here plain/sweet digestive biscuit smashed up.
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate to melt.
A bit of soymilk.
Paper cups.

1. Melt margarine in pan.
2. Add peanut butter until it’s a relatively smooth liquid.
3. Add sugar and graham/biscuit crumbs
4. Take off heat and spoon into cups.
5. Put them in refrigerator to cool
6. Melt chocolate – be careful not to burn and add a bit of soymilk to make it smoother. Do this by sight.
7. Pour chocolate on top of peanut butter cups and but back into refrigerator to cool for an a few hours.
8. Decorate tops if you so desire.

Seriously good.

Not eating meat is on thing......... but margarine? !bog

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back