Reason - MIDI OUT? (2 Viewers)

pissypants

All signs* point to their being no way to send MIDI out from Reason's sequencer to a hardware device, e.g. to trigger notes on an external synth.

Is this the case?

*well, the ones I can see anyway.

I suppose you could export the MIDI file from Reason...

...then import the MIDI file to another program with a MIDI out feature (Cubase, Protools, Logic).

Maybe you load MIDI files directly to your hardware synth either.

Cheers Beanstalk, but I'm looking to avoid using any other software Cubase / Ableton / etc.

The goal is to use Reason's sequencer to trigger notes via some form of MIDI OUT to a Microkorg's vocoder setting, so that vocodered vocals can be sung live without having to be played on the keyboard at the same time...

Is there no plugin you can use for this?

I know you said you dont want to use other software - but maybe you should look into rewiring in to cubase etc then you have reason interface you know and love plus all the benefits of Cubase's extensive midi features(christ i should get a job working for steinberg)

One thing i love about FL is that it has a Midi Out Channel-
Live also has decent midi options.

Yeah, relly didn't want to have to fiddle with 2 different programs when playing live (changeover between songs is a motherbitch), but I'm going to rewire into Reaper and use it's midi functions.

Cheers Beanstalk, but I'm looking to avoid using any other software Cubase / Ableton / etc.

The goal is to use Reason's sequencer to trigger notes via some form of MIDI OUT to a Microkorg's vocoder setting, so that vocodered vocals can be sung live without having to be played on the keyboard at the same time...

If you get it to work I'd buy that for a dollar. I hate having to use keys to sing, too awkward

Forgive me if I sound like a bit of dunce here, but does Reason use MIDI separately of your audio interface on your computer? Or is it just that it does have a port or something open to export its MIDI out of the app.

I'm going to be belated and say rewire it to Live or something. If you're worried about the system load of running both, then you could knock up probably knock up a Max patch for it in about an hour or two and run that instead of Live.

Reason--Rewire-->Max--MIDI-->Audio Interface--MIDI-->Your Korg?

If I get my mits on a copy of Reason I'd even make the patch for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back