re: selling mp3's online independently (1 Viewer)

violetdream

im looking to sell mp3's online 4 my band. ld like to have a have a few samples and an option to buy where the cash goes straight to my credit card/paypal. i checked the likes of maganatunes which is a rip off as they take too large of a percentage off you so i think i'll go for option 1. i found out about secure php programs such as from www.withinweb.com and zencart for about 50 dollars which offers an integrated mp3 selling program linked to paypal but it looks very complicated to me to install etc....could anyone shed some light on this as im just not sure how hard/easy is should be. im studying web design about 6months now but none of my teachers have a clue what im talking about.........

egg_ said:
You're gonna find it damn hard to do this unless you have some programming skills
i'm sure mr egg_ is an expert on this subject. my knowledge is limited but i'll second his statement above. i thought about doing something like this. i'm just not cut out for whats involved. your gonna need SSL and certs,sql/database, php/jsp,etc,etc.

edit: you could maybe consider paying someone to build the site for you with all the necessary features. they could provide you with an admin name and password option that allows you to update/remove/add files,etc on the site. it's a mountain of a job to do after 6 mths experience. i've only a years experience and it took three of us 6 weeks to get anything decent up and running. painful when your only new to the technology.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back