Re: Protest on Saturday (1 Viewer)

RED(tape)MENACE

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
How about all the Thumped/Things-ers arrange to meet up somewhere beforehand? Maybe we could stick together, and taunt the pigs with in-jokes or somethin'. Waddyathink?

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
How about all the Thumped/Things-ers arrange to meet up somewhere beforehand? Maybe we could stick together, and taunt the pigs with in-jokes or somethin'. Waddyathink?

i think this is quite possibly the gayest thing i have ever heard in my life.

Re: Re: Re: Protest on Saturday

Originally posted by pad
i think this is quite possibly the gayest thing i have ever heard in my life.

Agreed

But that would be class, imagine the scene.........

Sparse: hey Mr Policeman would you like to lick my Brown Thomas!

Big Country Garda #1: What?

Big Country Garda #2: he's asking you would you like to lick the crusty brown sh*te from his penis.

Big Country Garda #1 smacks Sparse across the head and Big Country Garda #2 joins in for fun.

I can't thing of a better way to spend a Saturday.

From my local Green Party person:

"Green Party members and supporters are being asked to meet at Hugh Lane, Municipal Gallery Parnell Square at 1.00pm. The march will travel down O'Connell Street around by Trinity and up Kildare Street into Stephen's Green past Foreign Affairs and back around the Green and down Dawson Street, into Suffolk Street and will finish with a rally by the Central Bank in Dame Street."

I'd say a lot of folk will be meeting up around that general vicinity at that time.

its good that so many people seem to be of a similar anti war opinion, but i'm wondering will it do anything.

it'll be on the irish news, and might get a mention along with the other ones on the british stations, but other than that will government listen?

we can march until we're blue in the face, but i don't think george bush gives a shit, and will go to war with or without un/nato endorsement.

i will be marching nonetheless... and hoping that people are paying attention.

Originally posted by the pope
its good that so many people seem to be of a similar anti war opinion, but i'm wondering will it do anything.

it'll be on the irish news, and might get a mention along with the other ones on the british stations, but other than that will government listen?

we can march until we're blue in the face, but i don't think george bush gives a shit, and will go to war with or without un/nato endorsement.

i will be marching nonetheless... and hoping that people are paying attention.

I would agree. The government have so far ignored all the recent opinion polls which show that a majority of Irish people are against (the escalation of) the war against Iraq. I imagine that they're holding out for a second UN resolution so that Labour and others will come on board. British subjects are in a similar situation with New Labour ignoring their wishes to an even greater extent.

Having said that, I still think that it's a good idea to come out and express dissatisfaction with Ireland's participation in America's war. I'm under no illusion that a march in itself will change anything but it's more satisfying (and sociable) than writing a letter to a TD. In my opinion, participating in a demonstration is a good starting point for political activity and ideally a popular one would give people enough confidence and motivation to increase their level of activity.

Has nobody seen a Bugs Life and the powerful message it carries? There's more of us than there is politicians and armies so once they run out of bullets we'll take seige! but eh one of you can be at the front of the crowd, cannon fodder doesn't go that well with my hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back