re-post: Baltimore punk scene gets fucked (1 Viewer)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
re-post from myspace..........i'm reposting this because i believe it is not cool to smash up the artefacts of anyone else's belief. i think this is something that gets overlooked a lot in the punk scene - bashing cars, breaking windows, vandalising churches - this is all glorified but in reality is on a level with the police smashing and pissing on ungdomshuset. i think we can all cite many examples of punks wreaking havoc on things they reckon are outside the realm of right-onness. total bullshit.

"and also being someone who was at this show I am very disappointed that something like this happened not only at a show, but AT ALL. this is no different than defacing a Sinagogue, Mosque, Buddhist Temple or any place of worship where people gather PEACEFULLY. this has nothing to do with your personal beliefs but it has everything to do with TOLERANCE, RESPECT and CO-EXISTANCE which we so proudly preach in the punk scene. it is unknown who did this...it could have been anyone, but more likely it was a "punk." if you know who it was, shed some light on this ignorant fool.

mough
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

re-post from The Wren

3 years ago, we started this house, we bought it specifically to have shows, our only goal has been to provide everybody we care about with a place to see bands and party. We've cleaned up before and after over 100 shows, never made ANY money, we did this for you guys. what did we ever ask in return? respect the house and our neighbors, that's all.

we organize shows, clean, sweat, do sound, bust our asses and all you have to do is show respect. this past weekend at one of the shows, somebody went across the street to the church on the corner and tagged an upside down cross with a rat head. Now really, how could we not be discouraged from doing shows after such a fucking blatant act of disrespect to our house and neighborhood? our neighbors have been so accepting of ALL the bullshit that has happened since we started doing shows (pissing on their cars, breaking bottles in their streets, and so much more). this, however, is unforgivable. by disrespecting that church, we have disrespected the whole neighborhood.
all it ever takes is one dumb asshole to shutdown a show space. Well this is it. we're closed for shows indefinitely, until its worth our time and effort again. thanks to everybody who has put so much time and work into the space over the last 3 years, NO thanks to the assholes that smash bottles, put holes in our walls, and vandalize our fucking neighbors houses. are you out of your fucking mind?? we're currently looking for other venues to move our shows to, we'll post the info on our page when we find them. SORRY//FUCK YOU!!!

if you have any idea who the asshole who tagged the church is, you can thank him for closing down a 3 year old DIY showspace.

Barclay

p.s. though we might be atheist, and completely against religion, we would never force our opinions on other people or offend other people for their beliefs. that church has so much meaning in the neighborhood and we respect them, even if we don’t have the same beliefs. tagging a local, community oriented church who has the support of the entire neighborhood, what the fuck where you
trying to prove?

pps

the actions this person took have not only fucked barclay house the barclay community and my fucking squat, which i dont live at anymore, its also fucked the bmore punk scene in the ass. thanks for shutting down some of the few things a lot of us enjoy."

-the wren

thats a fuckin disgrace!...that ignorant sucker should be hunted down and stoned and bashed to death!

Hang on, hang on...does that mean that smashing stuff ISN'T cool anymore? But what about, eh, anarchy and all that? Sex & violence? No? Anyone...no?

does that mean that smashing stuff ISN'T cool anymore?

no smashing shit is always cool......

364336.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back