Government Walls
God Only Knows
You Can't Tell How Much Suffering
How Was it For You
Sit Down
Walking the Ghost
Gold Mother
Top of the World

That's the second pressing after the re-release and success of Sit Down. Lose Control and Sit Down replace Crescendo and Hang On.

Dropping Crescendo was a bad choice - it's deadly
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just imported it into iTunes just now and its after giving the tracklisting you have. But its clearly wrong. FFS

It's got Carolyn's Fingers and a cool title track. I'm afraid the rest doesn't do much for me.

And Athol Brose and Ella Megablast Burls Forever! Heart happy numbers.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A House
On Our Big Fat Merry-Go-Round - 7
I Want Too Much - 9
I Am The Greatest - 8
Wide-Eyed and Ignorant - 9
No More Apologies - 7

Was just thinking of doing theirs! Pretty much agree.

On Our Big Fat Merry-Go-Round - 7 (disappointing after a brace of great early singles and b-sides).
I Want Too Much - 8.5
I Am The Greatest - 9
Wide-Eyed and Ignorant - 8
No More Apologies - 7.5

One of those bands whose early songs - Kick Me Again Jesus, Pretty Something, Heart Happy, Michael etc, would have made a very decent album. Perhaps they should be left alone. But that's another thread. Great non album tracks.

Although it has my favourite 'Mats track - Answering Machine - I always find myself skipping Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out and Gary's Got a Boner. I always play Tim right through.
Also Tim was the first album of theirs I got, for 99p on cassette in a HMV sale back in 1993.

any reason in particular you think Let It Be gets an 8? i think it's a rare examples of a perfect album. Not a wasted second on it. I love Tim but I think Let It Be is their masterpiece.

Was just thinking of doing theirs! Pretty much agree.

On Our Big Fat Merry-Go-Round - 7 (disappointing after a brace of great early singles and b-sides).
I Want Too Much - 8.5
I Am The Greatest - 9
Wide-Eyed and Ignorant - 8
No More Apologies - 7.5

One of those bands whose early songs - Kick Me Again Jesus, Pretty Something, Heart Happy, Michael etc, would have made a very decent album. Perhaps they should be left alone. But that's another thread. Great non album tracks.

Aye, still have those singles somewhere. They went downhill fairly swiftly after the first album though.
One of my first youthful "eye-openers" into how the glamorous world of Dublin Indie Rock 'n' Roll was perhaps not quite the utopia of success and riches that the odd appearance on The Live Mike and a headline gig in The Olympic Ballroom might at first suggest was when I was just out of school and straight on the dole and was still listening to A House and the like, and there I was signing on one Tuesday morning and there in the queue beside was Dave Couse (Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter) and the other lad who played guitar. I was genuinely shocked. "But they're a successful indie band, why would they need the dole?" I thought to myself in all my innocence. Why to eat, of course! How little I knew then. There probably back on the scratcher again now. I know I am. It's like a fucking time-warp; no money, thousands unemployed, cuts to anything worthwhile, and shit 80's clothes and shit 80's hair-do's a fuckin' go-go!

"These are the dreams of a sleeping father...."

They Might Be Giants

ST - 8
Lincoln - 10
Flood - 8
Apollo 18 - 7
John Henry - 8
Factory Showroom - 7
Severe Tire Damage - 7
Long Tall Weekend - 7
Mink Car - 9
No! - 8
The Spine - 6
Here Come The ABCs - 8
Venue Songs - 6
The Else - 9
Cast Your Pod To The Wind - 9
Here Come The 123s - 8
Here Comes Science - 9
Join Us - 6
Album Raises New And Troubling Questions - 8
Nanobots - 7

Very consistent, a low of 6 a high of 10.

i'd recommend you go see them in vicar st in nov so, they were class in melbourne in april

Crumbs, I only seen 'em once, back in 1991 in the Olympia; twere right ruddy good, mind.
they played here since then I take it?

I only ever got their first LP and the Istanbul (not Constantinople) 7", and I know that horrendous "Hot Dog" nonsense off the Pricky Mouse Shithouse TV show. Yes, I know what I just wrote; "Pricky Mouse Shithouse" instead of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". I'm an adult reacting like a child, I know.

And as for the name of the band; They Might Be Giants, haven't they made their minds up yet? For fucks sake lads, yiz either are or yiz aren't like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back