Rare instruments (1 Viewer)

Made an attempt at playing tabla for about 8 years. Had a few teachers and spent two years practicing 8-12 hours a day. Have about six sets. Play only about 20 a week now. Had to stop as it was doing my head in. Hope to go back to it in the future, but takes an incredible amount of dedicaton.

wow!!! did you learn all the phonetic chanting as part of that? i've heard some students of the tabla will do that stuff for years before they even touch a tabla. certainly my favourite indian instrument.

wow!!! did you learn all the phonetic chanting as part of that? i've heard some students of the tabla will do that stuff for years before they even touch a tabla. certainly my favourite indian instrument.
Yea, although, it's not so much chanting as recitation of compositions. Its what started doing my head in. Reciting the same composition for 3 months, over and over.
If yer in the Bay Area, check out http://www.aacm.org. The school is located in San Raphael. Swapan Chaudhuri is the head of percussion there. More great tabla masters in the bay than anywhere else in the world, besides India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back