Rancid motherfucker. (2 Viewers)

you're just too old to understand "Man" ..

rancid got a lot of ppl my age (and younger) into punk rock, if it wasnt for them i probably wouldnt be listening to most of the *diy* bands i do today..

theyre my generations *the clash* (in my opinion)

damo i really hope your not bein serious.just coz rancid signed to warner doesnt all of a sudden make them a bad band.and NONE of us would be listening to punk at all if the clash and the like didnt sign to major labels.

AFI and alkaline Trio can sell out any day ! .. there still both good .. but Rancid are like a bastard child i cared for .. then one day the child grew up and shot it's parents with a gun,and shredded his own penis off with a cheese grater in the name of Allah ! Holla !
You do the (geometrical advanced calculous)math !

Cormcolash said:
Yeah, I saw that advert today, it is fucking horrible. Its a good thing the Transplants are shit anyway. Jesus Armstrong and co are so full of shit its unbelievable, if they were asked they'd probably say something like "Garnier are working class, man." Fucking rejects.

I think it's a pretty good song, haven't heard any of they're other stuff though.

weeler said:

Or you could say that they're punk rock's Oasis; rehashed, second-rate, egotistical dickheads who've plundered and modeled themselves on the ones that came before them without having to add to much to the formula. They've pissed away any credibility they may have had by listening to their management and record label by marketing themselves as music to rebel to while wearing Converse and washing your hair. No message, wank tunes and mumbling vocals don't sell records, image does. If they looked like Weezer noone would go to their concert, let alone try to dress like them. As far as I'm concerned, Rancid are no different than Busted; punky tunes, a rebelious image, both marketed at kids. I think it's great seeing how hypocritical people can be when it comes to this subject. Keep up the good work.

the thing about rancid is that they claim to be this mad angry working class bunch of heroes. now dont get me wrong a few years ago i listened to nothin but rancid and the like, and they are a great gateway band to lead you into the diy scene like someone sed b4. but i think they should be fucking realistic for christs sake.

i read an interview in Kerang! with Lars saying that they havent sold out. he had this to say...
'how the fuck have we sold out? look at us, listen to us! i have tatoos on my fucking face, i couldnt even get a job at mcdonalds!'

if you ask me thats just fuckin rediculous!! what a sap. i got tatoos that means i'm punk forever! oh yeah he's the man!
another thing when i saw them play in the states about 2 years ago he told the crowd to stick up their middle fingers and say fuck major labels. how ironic. any one else feel like cringing when your refered to as a punk(with rancid being the icons or what not for our generation)?

mc moley said:
any one else feel like cringing when your refered to as a punk(with rancid being the icons or what not for our generation)?

Hey Moley, know how you feel... But I think your a bit of a fucking hypocrite - You would sign to a major label in one second. All you hip hop artists are the same, you sing about money and bitches and then you come onto this board talking about being punk? Stick to the rapping fool and don't concern yourself with the self absorbed ramblings of this gaff!

weeler said:
you're just too old to understand "Man" ..

rancid got a lot of ppl my age (and younger) into punk rock, if it wasnt for them i probably wouldnt be listening to most of the *diy* bands i do today..

i'd still be listening to punk without rancid and i'd be a lot happier listening to punk without them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back