Radio City contact (1 Viewer)

that place has such a stale atmosphere.
and the biggest arse-twat gee-arsed poo-mouthed bouncers anywhere.
fucking idiots.
oh and you HAVE to put your bag in the cloakroom.
and you HAVE to pay 2 quid to do it.
idiots.

Gotta agree with g-stereo on the bouncer front. It's a good venue, it's just so far away. How much do they charge to book it nowadays? just out of curiosity.

so far away from... where?

was there last friday and they tried to pull that €2 bag thing. said it was empty, they opened it up and let me in with it and without noticing the whiskey stuff down me bags.

So far away from everything. if you say "come to my gig at the Isaac Butt" most regular joe's will say "no mate, that's miles away".
It's nowhere near anywhere really. You're kinda stuck there, and there's no life on the street, which really kills the buzz on the way up there and back.
All in all it's a good spot like, it's just got that one problem if you're playing a gig there.

its less than 5 minutes walk from o'connell bridge, beisde a luas stop, directly across the road from the bus station. surely one of the most accessible venues in dublin.
maybe we live in alternate universes. or maybe your mates are just really lazy.

It's a bit late at night for me to be having an arguement about a place that I've no association with. All I've ever heard about it was that it's too far away from anywhere else, so you're stuck there, and you're not gonna go there on a whim. Therefore, it's hard to get a crowd.
For them its a long way to Whelans/Dorans/Bruxelles/whereever it is that peoplewhogotogigs hang out. Nothin to do with alternative universes or my mates or your mates or anyones mates.

That's all. I like it, it's a nice place. jeez

skinner and damo was this for the rednecks?
i thought they played a stormer but something about the venue made me uncomfotable.it was like i was in that place coyote. or no its now called club XX1. kept expectin to see a loada miniskirts. sound was alright execpt for the giant pillars.
best thing about it was the fact that the roof above the stage was glass and you could see people dancing up above.

g-stereotypical said:
best thing about it was the fact that the roof above the stage was glass and you could see people dancing up above.

I thought that was the worst thing! Made me feel like in a race of subterranian indie mutants, while all the normals danced their dance above.....

i cant really comment on it looking like coyote as that pace was
the last place i'd ever go to

i was half expecting it to be the old dive below eye sack butts that i remember with shite sound so i was fairly chuffed the sound was fine

crowd was a bit weird alright, at least there was a fair few people there who were well into it and jumping around a bit without being offensive. i liked the see through floor. thought the sound was great but was possibly the quietest rednecks gig i've ever been to.

thanks for the info
Yeah was there for the rednecks on friday too.
The shinyness was a disappointment from the dingy, underground bunker that it used to be.
I heard there was two venues there now but with the layout i don't see how thats possible
Was just curious 'cos i'm looking to book a gig for my side-project thang and noone really knows us so just trying tio rent out cheapest place possible - can't get a reply from MB Slatterys
and Lower Deck doesn't really have a decent PA so theres the rental cost of that
Any suggestions on Cheap Venues?

Mustard Gypsy said:
thanks for the info
Yeah was there for the rednecks on friday too.
The shinyness was a disappointment from the dingy, underground bunker that it used to be.
I heard there was two venues there now but with the layout i don't see how thats possible
Was just curious 'cos i'm looking to book a gig for my side-project thang and noone really knows us so just trying tio rent out cheapest place possible - can't get a reply from MB Slatterys
and Lower Deck doesn't really have a decent PA so theres the rental cost of that
Any suggestions on Cheap Venues?

Voodoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back