Rachel's appreciation... (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

Loved this band for about 7/8 years now... Very few bands I could say that about. Listened to 3 albums in a row in work today.

Selenography is a masterpiece. I love all their records though.

I think they're criminally underrated...

If you love them, shout it from a virtual rooftop here :)

Responsible for some of the most beautiful and powerful music of the last 15 years..
Water from the Same Source turns me into a dribbling mess on the ground...which is a bit alarming to strangers

Yes! 'handwriting' is special. Only actually have the first two..any of the other three worth checking out?

I met Jason Noble at Primavera. I was hammered.

They're all amazing.
Selenography is my fave, followed by Systems/Layers I think.. But only got Systems/Layers recently.

rachel-stevens-08120710.jpg

Rachael%20Ray.jpg

Rachel_McAdams_Biography.jpg

rachel_weisz_12.jpg

yes, love this group. Picked up Music For Egon Schiele on vinyl in London a few years ago, and it's one my most treasured records. Everything else must stop when the needle drops on that one.

Big, big fan. Hard to choose a favourite but I'd probably go for Selonography as it's the one I got first.
Are they still playing together?

Egon Schiele is flawless. To be honest, they're all pretty flawless. Definitely one of my favourite groups. Think Esperanza from Systems/Layers is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've heard. Was absolutely gutted when air traffic control problems at Heathrow prevented them playing that gig in TBMC back in 2000. Distraught so I was.

Big, big fan. Hard to choose a favourite but I'd probably go for Selonography as it's the one I got first.
Are they still playing together?

Their website says they're "in hibernation" or something. I doubt they'll play again, they're involved in a load of other stuff these days as far as i know...

Remember listening to "Water from the same source" off Systems/Layers with Plug & Bitchcock and the three of us being totally fucking moved.
we were pretty demented at the time but..
Rachels fans should check that Max Richter kid
Blue Notebooks is sweet

Their mini album collaboration with Matmos - "Full on Night" is absolutely amazing too
Don't listen to it in bed though - you'll whack yr head off something when 'that bit' happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back