R.I.P To Da Rawk (1 Viewer)

spuded

Website
www.geocities.com
Just thought the regretful and sudden closure of the record store a.k.a mero's should be mentioned here. The record store was established around a time when i really started to come up from kildare to dublin a bit more for gigs and of course records and without it god knows i could have ended up joining the thrills and playing shit indie and buying even more dodgy records. Mero was always fuckin sound no matter how retarded my questions and put my first zine on sale without a seconds thought when it came out a couple of years ago. This post should of course also mention jamie, who did alot for the shop and was always quick to point me in the direction of the latest doom or grind release (no jokes about releases), and answered people's banal questions, somehow managing to hold back that sharp tongue of his (only j/k boss!). Also to anyone else who worked there for spaces of time, tommy trousers, gary sloan, boz, they all deserve respect. Scenes are built upon places like mero's and there are alot of bands/zines and people involved in the scene who would never have got past one or two gigs if it wasn't for that place.

MAXIMUM RESPECT and best of luck to mero and jamie .|..| .|..|

Fuck! Fuckingtonfuckley! I always went there if I was in Dublin for the day! One of the few decent things about that scumhole excuse for a human city!!

What happened?

Fuckin hell, that sucks!

Oh well, I suppose I´ll just go drown my sorrows with 13 cent cans of beer and a massive block of hash in the sun....heh heh heh.

Viva Espana!

Shit- my sentiments echo those of necro steve's!! Ws the high light of any visit an' ya were always bound to pick somethin up in the new releases part!! bollox to that... twill be missed...

i only realized how much i took it for granted when i found out. Murder City is great for arty and threeoneg releases, but what about hc and grind, and death, and.....well just anything. But yeah, respect to both mero and jaime. RIP Mero's

Hey All,

don't really want to talk about the why's and wheres of exactly what happened, cos to be honest I'm in the dark about most of it myself.This has all happened real sudden, and I'm sure there will be plenty of rumours - ignore them.If you want to know what happened, ask me in person.

But I do want to just really quickly say a big big massive THANK YOU to anyone who ever came in and bought stuff, gave us stuff to sell (which reminds me, if anyone has stuff they need to collect or money owed to them - and this is important - GET IN TOUCH WITH MERO,not me), or just came in to hang out and make an afternoon a bit more interesting.You may not have thought it at the time, but it's all appreciated.

Now i gotta go find a job.

Support Red Ink/Murder City - running a shop that does diy/punk/underground stuff is fucking hard,and Will,bushie,ann and Natalia will be carrying some of the stuff that we had.

cheers,
Jamie

.|..|

I would like to be first to start the rumour that the stormfront lads shut the place down.

also clearchannel..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back