Quotes from your boss (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 10
the CEO of my parent company will be sitting with me next week so hopefully i'll get a few jet-setter quotes from him

"shit rolls down hill", my manager uses this most days basically saying he gets shit from the boss, so he gives us shit too. And no I don't shovel shit for a living

From an email this morning, "As we are entering the performance review season, your manager will reach out to you shortly to discuss your 2008 performance."

I'm not sure I want to be reached out to.

Boss-"here Gaz, put that 4 ton 'o gravel into that hole there will ya"
"Here Gaz,dig a hole where that manholes gonna be,theres the new pick axe.Good lad."
"Here Gaz,Whats the story with the lamps on you,gargled last night I suppose.Well theres the shovel,mix us up a bit of concrete there."
And my personal favourite -"Ah fuck this for a lark,lets go home"

a boss i had in lidl years ago explained quite eloquently the chain of command: "look lads, i eat the balls off ye, the store manager eats the balls off me and the regional manager eats the balls off him."

I'm sick.
Boss: You'll be grand. Have a cup of tea.

I have impacted wisdom teeth, my whole head is infected and i'm on two different types of painkiller and antibiotics.
Boss: You'll be grand. Have a cup of tea.

Go ask Steve McQueen, I heard he has pots of the stuff left over from the Hunger sets.

Lesson learned? Never underestimate your poop-dressing budget; don't assume it can be "pooped up in post".

my colleagues' comments are more interesting than my bosses:

"Isn't 'saintess' the female of saint?"

"I'm sending you on this email, it's about a music thing, it's of NO interest to me whatsoever."

a friend of mine worked in a crappy job where his co-workers had invented their own soap opera to talk about. so instead of chatting away about eastenders or the like, they'd make up an episode of their own soap, and then sit down at lunch and talk about it. true.

a friend of mine worked in a crappy job where his co-workers had invented their own soap opera to talk about. so instead of chatting away about eastenders or the like, they'd make up an episode of their own soap, and then sit down at lunch and talk about it. true.

That's grim. Mind you, it was probably stopping them from eating each other.

This is where I get a bit sad that someone who thinks 'saintess' could be a word is employed and I am totally without any prospect whatsoever.

I haz crai now.

:(

I really have to keep my lips zipped around that person because some of the things they say....I know someone else who wrote 'Gardai say there was nothing to lead them to suggest foul play was involved' one day. :rolleyes:

When I was first starting off in news journalism I wrote an article and got this back from a nasty sub:

7377992a4345928429b430764815l.jpg

I won't deny he was right, but he could've been nicer! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back