QUIET NIGHTS (2): Mumblin Deaf Ro, Catherina Behan, Derrick Devine, Miranda al Raad.. (1 Viewer)

São Paulo Punk

Website
myspace.com
April 30th at the Joinery,
6 Rosemount Tce, Arbour Hill, Stoneybatter, D.7.

Doors: 7pm. // Adm: 5 euros

Featuring...

MUMBLIN DEAF RO - www.myspace.com/mumblindeafro

ro2.jpg

"...a rare thing: a genuine cult classic."

The Irish Times (29 June 2007)

CATHERINA BEHAN (POET) - www.myspace.com/catherinabehan

cbehan.jpg

"Catherina Behan has been writing poetry for as long as she can remember, being published here and there in her late teens and early twenties. After performances for associations like Dublin Pride, Catherina took some time off to live in Australia and Asia. Now she’s back and hitting the open mic and performance scenes as hard as she can with performances that are sometimes political, sometimes provocative but always passionate!" - Mixtape http://www.mixtape.ie/catherina-behan/

DERRICK DEVINE - www.myspace.com/derrickdevine

ddevine.jpg

"Derrick Devine has the skill of immediately captivating a crowd with his presence, deep voice and between-song banter. A sardonic humour is at play in the midst of his clever lyrics, while songs like ‘Threadbare’ display a gripping sense of darkness and aggression."
- Hot Press

MIRANDA AL RAAD - www.myspace.com/minstrelmiranda

malraad.jpg

"Me on vocals and nylon string guitar, sometimes Egyptian riq (percussion) and recorder flute (with which I busk on the streets of Dublin); and friends when I can get hold of them."

Re: QUIET NIGHTS (2): Mumblin Deaf Ro, Catherina Behan, Derrick Devine, Miranda al Ra

Anyone who doesn't already know: Mumblin' Deaf Ro is just fucking deadly. I tried to type a few different, articulate versions of that before that but they all failed on some basis that I couldn't logically justify what I was trying to convey. Put simply, the man knows his way around a song.

Re: QUIET NIGHTS (2): Mumblin Deaf Ro, Catherina Behan, Derrick Devine, Miranda al Ra

BUMP...

AND, this ends at 10.30 so plenty of time to fly down to the Lower Deck after to catch some of the bands on that night too.

Ive got a friend from Livepool coming over that weekend to come to the Kilkenny Rhythm and Roots festival with me, were free on the friday night actually... she edits a folk magazine, i wonder if shed be interested in coming along.

If I'm not at the Rhythm and Roots in Kilkenny I'll definitely head to this.

It's right up my street (or more accurately, it's right at the end of my street).

Would love to see Mumblin' Deaf Ro perform.

Ive got a friend from Livepool coming over that weekend to come to the Kilkenny Rhythm and Roots festival with me, were free on the friday night actually... she edits a folk magazine, i wonder if shed be interested in coming along.

excited2.jpg

If I'm not at the Rhythm and Roots in Kilkenny I'll definitely head to this.

It's right up my street (or more accurately, it's right at the end of my street).

Would love to see Mumblin' Deaf Ro perform.

thumbs_up_man_smalljpg.jpg

IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH

We will be issuing discount passes on the night on request for people intending on catching Drunken Boat and Crayonsmith in the Lower Deck afterwards: one pass gets you into the Deck for 3 euros!!!

Euro_coins.jpg

gah! Just realised this clashes with a gig I said I'd be attending on a facebook event page. How binding are those things?

gah! Just realised this clashes with a gig I said I'd be attending on a facebook event page. How binding are those things?

I wuss out on that stuff at the last minute all the time! But I will take a mental note if you dont show up to this thing now instead. :p

I saw Miranda al Raad perform in the Chester Beatty library on Sunday and she has gotten even better than I saw her the last time. I'm no music journalist or anything but I'd describe her work as... Intricate and impressive Eastern-sounding vocal melodies that dip and glide over fairly gentle and simplistically plucked chords on a classical guitar. She has a very unique style and is well worth checking out...

at this gig.

7pm start is cutting it fine for me.

What's the running order? Can I bumble in halfway through and make an absolute tit of myself as usual?

Really looking forward to this :eek:
Is it on the same side of the street as Lilliput?

7pm start is cutting it fine for me.

What's the running order? Can I bumble in halfway through and make an absolute tit of myself as usual?

Bumbling in halfway through is totally fine. The gig should kick off at 8pm at the latest. I totally recommend getting in early to see Miranda al Raad though if you can.

There's a map here to find the place: http://www.thejoinery.org/the-space/location

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back