Question For Takashi Miike Fans (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

so, i bought the Dead Or Alive trilogy box set a few weeks ago...

had never seen the sequels before, but had seen the original, and had loved it the first time i saw it

however on a second viewing i found the first DOA pretty slow and uninvolving... and so didnt bother watching the sequels for ages til now.

i was totally blown away by part2. its a totally different movie to the first one, by turns moving, funny and actually heart warming. it's so bizarre to see such a touching and straight movie from takashi miike, especially as a sequel to DOA...

so anyway, anyone agree that DOA2 blows the shit out of DOA1?

i think i saw the second one. was that the one where the two main guys were escaped convicts who went back to where they grew up? there was something about a kids play in it too. i remeber it was a really nice story.

the first doa is great for the opening and closing five minutes alone. the rest is a bit dry. i got agitator a while ago. excellent in a sort of goodfellas way. very epic for a miike film. im still waiting for zebraman! im really suprised he hasnt being lured to hollywood yet.

yep, thats the one. finally, someone who's seen it!

got gozu there today. cant wait to watch it.

i reckon miike is too out there for hollywood. with Audition he came close to the realms of acceptibility, but his stuff's too warped for the brainless yanks.

Rimbaud said:
What you make of Gozu then???Pretty warped viewing i thought!

Only seen one of the Dead or Alive movies - part 2 - pretty good though.
have yet to watch gozu, but i cant wait!

in the film festival they were supposed to show it, but they showed poxy "the Eye 2" instead, which was complete arse.

part 2 of DOA is the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back