Question! Digital photos. Average resolution? (1 Viewer)

plug

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
I know nothing about digital cameras. Perhaps a weird question, but what kind of resolution are people shooting at these days, if there is anything that you could possibly call an average... In dimension bounds, width x height in pixels. Average every day users. Literally the kind of person that would take a picture at a rugby match with their point and click type camera.

thanks. d

cool, thanks man. it seems that most cameras will shoot between 2000 x 1500 to around 4000 x 3000.

well, since you ask... it's a pretty non-photographic reason actually. I've created an image upload/resize
script in php for a website and it was fucking up on the test server when the images were above 2000 x 1500.
I did a bit of research on this and the reason why image dimension is a factor is because the one of the functions
I'm using in the script needs to open the picture and store every pixel of data in memory; the larger the image
dimensions, the more the drain on memory, which was evidently too much for the test server in some cases.
so now you know!

I actually thought it'd be something like that. Completely forgot to check for you btw, i'll get it done once i get back from gettin me chinese visa !ninjaaaa

Right, sal has a Canon DIGITAL IXUS 40, she says it's a little old but i imagine these things are fairly standard, a pic is 2274x1704 at 180 dpi with a bit depth of 24 and it says "compressed bits/pixel" is 5. That's all from the properties tag of the file.

As for china, we just went into yon consulate here in chiang mai and paid our e45 and will be picking them up this evening. White christmas here we come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back