Pure mule (1 Viewer)

Bag'o'cans

Its far from art and culture but this seems to be the telly thread. Anyone seen pure mule, What in the name of sweet jesus is going on?
one line lastnight summed it up 'm tryin te eight ma tay n pace' (i am trying to eat my tea in peace). Its like the degenerate bastard redneck son of that other drama set in louth, 'love is the drug'. A bunch of late twenty degenerate drinking rednecks with nothing to do, fuck sake, everything thats wrong with this country. It's like being stuck on an all-Ireland train from mayo to Dublin with de boys drinkin bulmers and budweiser, waaah waaah.
Gone are the days RTE pandered to kids and grannies.

Bag'o'cans said:
Its far from art and culture but this seems to be the telly thread. Anyone seen pure mule, What in the name of sweet jesus is going on?
one line lastnight summed it up 'm tryin te eight ma tay n pace' (i am trying to eat my tea in peace). Its like the degenerate bastard redneck son of that other drama set in louth, 'love is the drug'. A bunch of late twenty degenerate drinking rednecks with nothing to do, fuck sake, everything thats wrong with this country. It's like being stuck on an all-Ireland train from mayo to Dublin with de boys drinkin bulmers and budweiser, waaah waaah.
Gone are the days RTE pandered to kids and grannies.

Its quite realistic. Shows why there is such a high youth suicide rate in the midlands.

kevin gallen said:
Its quite realistic. Shows why there is such a high youth suicide rate in the midlands.
I'm all to aware of this, it's like a scene out of any nightclub or pub around here, it's quite depressing.

why is there so much radio debate over this programme?
i can't see whats so controversial
the big celebration of nothing that it depicts seems to be the roots of it i.e. people lushin' and doing a pill on a sunday afternoon, sure isn't this what passes for entertainment these days not only in the midlands but nation wide with the younuns? yaaaawn.... i tells thee
there's a theory somewhere about the midlands area of any country you care to name, that it's the most insular, conservative and resistant to change.
so maybe peeps liked to labour under the assumption that roscommon, longford etc. were like the last bastion of the GAA, the church and state? and that pure mule would shine a light on the reality...who knows.
well then my problem with it is that it doesn't really go far enough in its aspirations of reflecting modern irish society in the midlands. for example isn't the midlands an area of deprivation with a really high unemployment and poverty rate? so how comes they all got jobs on this programme??? and then where are the 'new irish'? aren't they always telling us that roscommon has more immigrants resident there now than 'commoners? the programme is like a snap shot from the early '90's. i'ts already an out of date and inaccurate socio economic picture to my mind...and another thing - where's the buckfast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back