PUR(Cork), Herv, Lamp (Cork), MP Inferno Lower Deck Friday 20th February (1 Viewer)

Mustard Gypsy

Website
www.littlemotiverecords.com
Private Underground Residence(Cork)
Herv
Lamp(Cork)
MP Inferno

The Lower Deck, Portobello
Friday 20th february
EUR 6 / EUR 5 before 9

PRIVATE UNDERGROUND RESIDENCE

Exploding onto the Cork scene in early 2007, Private Underground Residence left bits and pieces of their music all over peoples suspecting and increasingly avalanched ear drums supporting for such groups as Rest, Jezery, So So Modern and Giveamanakick. Made from pieces of the ex-Limerick groups Kader Fire and The Kyboshi, and glued together with a piece of Cork group the Loser Lounge the band embrace everything from groups such as Battles, Fugazi and the Oxes to Aphex Twin and Squarepusher. Refusing to put their music in a hole with pigeons the band instead allow all it to run all over the place picking up the strangled vibrations of genre upon genre as it moves along. 2008 will see the band introduce themselves politely to more and more souls around the country with a debut ep on the cards to be launched through all manner of speakers. Continuing evidence of the bands existence can be found here until then.
www.myspace.com/privateundergroundresidence

HERV

breakcore madness
"Like watching late period Rick Wakeman being attacked by robots made out of old spring coils. And if you don't think that's a pretty appealing vision, well then, you're missing a few mental teeth."
Byron Coley, The Wire

www.myspace.com/hervmusic

LAMP

Lamp is a two piece progadelic band based in Cork. This two headed, four armed procrastinating monster is made up of two young men with sickeningly Irish surnames; Ted Murphy and Shane O' Leary. These two boyoz have known each other for nearly 10 years and have been playing in bands together since the age of about 15. They started Lamp around January 2007 as a side project to Jezery www.myspace.com/jezery.On the 6th of September 2008 they released a split EP with local two piece grind core heart throbs "I'll Eat Your Face" www.myspace.com/illeatyourfaceireland which you can buy at Pluged in Cork and at their gigs. Currently Lamp are trying to play as many gigs as possible around Ireland and England, and have plans to soon record there first solo EP entitled "Machetes in a late bar".
www.myspace.com/bulbshade

MP INFERNO

MPInferno is a 3 piece rock band from Dublin. John, Alan and Gavin have been playing together for over 10 years. In 2006 they focused their talents on the live music scene and have been building a steady reputation as an energetic, unconventional rock band ever since.
A mixture of guitar, drums and bass, mostly playing simultaneously, it has to be seen to be believed. Always punctual, never indecisive, not usually. MPInferno (pronounced em pee in fern oh) draw their musical influences from the likes of Soundgarden, Shellac, Trans Am and Tortoise

www.myspace.com/mpinferno
mpinferno.com
table, tr, td{background-color:transparent;border-style:none;}table table table, table table table td{background-color:transparent;}body{background-color:rgb(255,255,255);scrollbar-face-color:rgb(0,0,102);scrollbar-base-color:rgb(0,0,102);scrollbar-3dlight-color:rgb(186,92,11);scrollbar-shadow-color:rgb(186,92,11);scrollbar-darkshadow-color:rgb(186,92,11);scrollbar-highlight-color:rgb(186,92,11);scrollbar-track-color:rgb(186,92,11);scrollbar-arrow-color:rgb(186,92,11);}table table table table, table table table td{background-image:none;background-color:transparent;}body, div, p, strong, td, .text, .blacktext10, .blacktext12, a.searchlinkSmall, a.searchlinkSmall:link, a.searchlinkSmall:visited{font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;}.orangetext15, strong, .lightbluetext8, .whitetext12, .nametext, .btext, .redtext, .redbtext{font-weight:bold;font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;}table table table, div table table{border-color:rgb(0,0,0);border-style:solid;border-width:4px;background-color:rgb(255,119,15);}table table table table, div table table table{border-style:none;}A IMG{border-style:none;}a

Savage lineup! Had PUR recently and saw then last Tuesday also. Really really good band. Herv is always mesmerising, must catch him again. Had Lamp recently too but don't tell their mothers! Another really good band.

somewhat off topic i nearly died yesterday (friday the 13th) was choking on a sausage in the college canteen. needed the fucking hymlich manouver n everything. can say for certain it was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me in my life. Gasping for air , begging strangers for help. projectile vomitting half chewed food all over the canteen. Twas fucking grim.

FACT!

I nearly fuckin' DIE and you respond by re-advertising your gig. You've changed man. :mad:

it's just all business with you these days. you used to be about the people. you used to be all "hey, how goes it? wanna eat a three in one off a bin?" now you've probably got an i phone and a fuckin' ironed shirt. And the last time i saw you i'm pretty sure i smelt evidence of fabric softener!!!! what is that about? next thing you know you'll be making corn flakes with milk instead of bucky. BASTARD! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back