punkvoter tries to mobilize the punk community! (1 Viewer)

Queue posts along the lines of 'Voting changes nothing, so we'll hold out until anarchy becomes the norm'

It is a good idea, although when Fat Mike says "I've probably sold 50,000 records in Florida. If 500 of the fans had voted in 2000, it could have been a different election," he couldn't possibly mean that he wishes his fans voted Democrat instead of Nader. Oul Mikey's a Gore lover?

Phil said:
I prefer to let conservativepunk.com tell me what to think.

i can't wait untill they get their merchandise section up and running.

the forum bit is great though, Tracy Eubanks ([email protected]) writes:

When I was 16, I had a mohawk. I thought that anarchy was cool and that if I wanted to be punk, I had to support what other punks at my school thought. That only lasted until I was 17. I knew in my heart that anarchy was completely impossible and not only that but it was just as evil as communism. Through the rest of my high school days, whenever I saw a back-pack that had a circled A on it, I was almost disgusted at the thought of kids, being at the tender age of 15-17, being taught that everything American was evil. I've always loved America and that's why I never fully supported any other type of government, I especially don't like anarchy.

Urban outfitters is selling a t-shirt that says 'voting is for old people'.

And plastic plates for €19 each.
Sorry, that just always gets me. €19 for a plate. A plastic plate. Not even a real plate. A plastic plate. €19. A plastic plate.

Urban Outfitters are for student girls whose parents give them too much money or gay hairdressers. Those are the only two possible demographics that consume in that shop. It is the worst thing I've ever seen and the whole 'Kitsch at a price' concept pisses all over the idea of finding something cheap and cheesy. I hate Urban Outfitters and the spoilt cunts that shop there.
Thank you.

firstly- what does everyone think about the US elections? are you following them at all? even though nader is once again being blamed for possibly ruining a victory over bush, after seeing his interview on meet the press, i think i'm going to give him my vote.

secondly- it's really weird how urban outfitters has this almost posh and exclusive feeling about it. the prices are definitely jacked up here though, i gotta admit. in new york and elsewhere in the US it's just like any other standardly priced store. i remember weeler once told me they wouldn't let him in because of the way he was dressed? knowing weeler, i'm not sure if this is true.... but still, just the fact that anyone would say that about urban outfitters is weird. it's just a store! the only thing i have against it is that it takes away from the personal touch of a real vintage store.

is that the shop somewhere on temple bar, if my memory of my time in the pale serves me well? disgusting place. kitsch is right. and the populace will lap it up in their ignorance.

Yeh the democrat race is pretty funny. I like the way even some 'right ons' here say things like 'Dean doesn't seem that bad. He was against the Vietnam war even though he served!' Jaysus, these lads have forgotten how to perceive correctly. He went to war and didn't like it. Great. Not many people come back from wars itching to go back. He voted for Iraq II and the Patriot Act. He's a cock. A COCK.

And anyone who would be annoyed at being refused entry to a hip, overpriced shop in Temple Bar deserves to have their face smashed off a 66 bus.

the strange guy said:
Yeh the democrat race is pretty funny. I like the way even some 'right ons' here say things like 'Dean doesn't seem that bad. He was against the Vietnam war even though he served!' Jaysus, these lads have forgotten how to perceive correctly. He went to war and didn't like it. Great. Not many people come back from wars itching to go back. He voted for Iraq II and the Patriot Act. He's a cock. A COCK.

And anyone who would be annoyed at being refused entry to a hip, overpriced shop in Temple Bar deserves to have their face smashed off a 66 bus.

so many interesting points come from this post and yet i findmyself most wanting to know why the no.66 bus, where does that go, i dont remember? no doubt to the depths of hell.
its funny how people will do things even though they (might) claim they dont want to, so muchfor independent thought and a thing called a spine.

"JOIN THE ARMY, MEET INTERESTING PEOPLE, KILL THEM"

so how would i vote over here? (i have a u.s. citizenchip as well as an irish one.)
not sure who my vote is going to....if at all.
anybody got any tips? im thinking nadar as well at the moment. just cuz it seems hip to do so though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back