Punk In Ireland- 35 Fucking Years (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
I saw this on facebook..there was a time when Eirecore would have been all over this...sigh

I did note a few quips from a thumpeder or two

I don't know any of these bands but the documentary and the photo exhibition look interesting

174876_285904478149919_1392647472_n.jpg

35 F**KING YEARS OF PUNK IN IRELAND

Hi all,

This year we want to make 35 years a milestone. Celebrating 35 years since The Radiators From Space were the first punk band to achieve a Top 20 with their song ‘Television Screen’, spurring on an already vibrant Punk scene in Ireland. 35 years on, the movement of Punk in Ireland has grown and expanded but is still underappreciated…too underappreciated for our liking anyway! So we wanted to make this celebration HUGE!!

The event will consist of a documentary debut screening on Punk Rock in Ireland by Roller Skate Skinny’s own Steve Murray Called ‘Fuck Off And Die’ in the Basement Room.

A seriously good photography exhibition of Old and New Punk the scene; the people and the shows will be put on display in the Café/ Ground Floor . Featuring work by Wally Cassidy (whos photos were included in the photo book Where were you), Anto Dillion from Loserdom Fanzine, Seanie Cahill and others. The exhibition will be available to see for 3 weeks following the event…but not all the other great stuff! Check out their work linked below…

From 7pm to 11pm a gig will be on with a serious line up of local and non-local bands Irish Punk/Pop-Punk/Hardcore bands.

https://www.facebook.com/events/285904478149919/

Loose Nut,Crows and Stick Around would be bands that would be on Moshpace a lot(I've not heard Stick Around but Loose Nut and Crows are both good)

Fuck facebook

35 years since the Rads troubled the charts,how many other punk acts have had that kinda success I wonder?

saw them play the top hat in uhmm 1987? wasn't exactly impressed but sure i was only young.

had to walk home from bleedin dun laoghaire too.

saw them play the top hat in uhmm 1987? wasn't exactly impressed but sure i was only young.

DUNE LEERA

Can't imagine they'd have been great then. Saw them a few years back and was disapointed. I still like most of the records though.

The 61 comments on what is and what is not punk on that event page is odious. Surely we are past that bickering by now.

Apparently not. Some great bands on the line up. Anyone who doesn't like Loose Nut and Pulled Apart can stay out of punx.. !ninjaaaa !baggyyyy

Name dropping ist pvnk. There's some low levels reached on that.

Pete Holidai taught a marketing class for a course I did in Ballyfermot, by the way. Sound lad he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back