punk in derry (1 Viewer)

undertones.jpg

demonica said:
The undertones are not funny:mad:

I know, theyre an absolute joke! Just realised the THRILLS are playing this gig as well. .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

Ciaran Mackle said:
I know, theyre an absolute joke! Just realised the THRILLS are playing this gig as well. .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
by any chance that by saying "they're an absolute joke" did you mean "able to write a good song"? 'cause otherwise i'm gettin mickey after ye.

demonica said:
by any chance that by saying "they're an absolute joke" did you mean "able to write a good song"? 'cause otherwise i'm gettin mickey after ye.

No, I mean joke as in should have give it up by '79 and keot their dignity :p

My aunt by marriage is Fergal Sharkeys cousin! Rock or what?

Ciaran Mackle said:
No, I mean joke as in should have give it up by '79 and keot their dignity :p

My aunt by marriage is Fergal Sharkeys cousin! Rock or what?
well .......... no! why would you want to be the nephew by marraige of some lady who is the cousin of someone with no dignity! and by the way is an absolute joke not funny?!!baggyyyy !baggyyyy !baggyyyy

nothin wrong with the undertones. john o'neill is one of the soundest guys i ever met. just thought that was a funny picture.
dig up, ciaran.

the undertones are shit and the current line up is a very bad joke.

oh shit said:
nothin wrong with the undertones. john o'neill is one of the soundest guys i ever met. just thought that was a funny picture.
dig up, ciaran.

Meh, he might be a nice guy and the undertones WERE ok but I mean come on it 2005! They were on RTE last year playing and I laughed my balls off.

Where'd you get these free tickets from, where are they playing? Undertones are fuckin great, even if they are now pretty much a comedy band. They were still good when I saw them about 3 years ago though!

Anyway, in answer to the guy from Derry's question:

Used to be punk gigs in The Gweedore the odd time, then The Bound For Boston was having gigs for a good while, and The Nucleus was also putting on some punk bands for the kids. The Nerve Centre would still have the odd gig I'm sure, but I ain't heard of much happening punk-wise in Derry recently really. However the North Coast does have a scene of sorts, there are pretty regular punk gigs in Portrush at the Retro I believe the venue is called if you can ever make it out there. Otherwise, go to gigs in Belfast.

Cormcolash said:
Where'd you get these free tickets from, where are they playing? Undertones are fuckin great, even if they are now pretty much a comedy band. They were still good when I saw them about 3 years ago though!

I got them of the BBC website they were giving them out for free. So I applied for them for the laugh. I have two but I only need the one so you can have my other one if you want?

Its on this Saturday beside the Lagan or something.

Cormcolash said:
Na fuck it, Galway on Friday which means I don't know if I'll be back for it, so you can give the ticket to Roisin or something.

:mad:

I'm going with three hot girls so .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back