Punk Festival, Belfield, 1977. (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Vin
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

Vin

Trying to find any personal recollections, photos, newspaper articles or flyers from the 'Belfield Festival' in UCD, Ireland's first punk festival, June 1977.

The Radiators, The Undertones, Revolver, The Gamblers and The Vipers were on the bill.

A fight that broke out half way through the night led to the tragic stabbing of an eighteen year old from Cabra.

PM or reply, cheers.

Trying to find any personal recollections, photos, newspaper articles or flyers from the 'Belfield Festival' in UCD, Ireland's first punk festival, June 1977.

The Radiators, The Undertones, Revolver, The Gamblers and The Vipers were on the bill.

A fight that broke out half way through the night led to the tragic stabbing of an eighteen year old from Cabra.

PM or reply, cheers.

Boz would probably be the man to ask about this, think theres a bit about it in the "it makes you want to spit" book, could be wrong , deffo read about it somewhere , actually I think it was in a radiators interview in nosebleed. Ill see if I can find it but like I said boz would be yer man

PM or reply, cheers.

I was friends with Pete Holidai from the radiators son when I was growing up, talked to him about this gig before and about the stabbing, pretty fuckin mental. I have phil chevron from the radiators email if you were interested in asking him about it.

you check out the irish punk and new wave discography website, they'd probably have some images from it. just google the website, fuckin great resource.

you check out the irish punk and new wave discography website, they'd probably have some images from it. just google the website, fuckin great resource.

unfortunately, they have neither images or references of it.

I've managed to collate some stuff from the Irish Times archive, Undertones website, Radiators website and a couple of history of punk books.

Flyer for the gig would be amazing if anyone's dad has it lying in the attic! scan it up!

Do you have access to lexis-nexis? If you don't I can have a look tomorrow for you when I'm in college. Mightn't have anything but ya never know.

hot press had loads of coverage - sure you could track it through library

eyah pretty sure the national library there beside the Dail has loads of hot press on microfilm, along with most of the main newspapers from that time which would be worth a look. Can be quite a tricky process to join said Library but you can get day passes easily enough. Its a fucking deadly place if yer a sap for archives like me:p

bladdy? hahahahahahahaha, i have to admit, i've actually found myself talking like that recently
It's only natural to adopt the appropriate intonation and pronunciation when you join the ranks of the intellectual bourgeoise elite, loike.

.|..|UCD PUNX 4 LYF.|..|
xMORE CLASS WAR FOR THE CHILDREN OF HIGHER INCOME PARENTSx

It's only natural to adopt the appropriate intonation and pronunciation when you join the ranks of the intellectual bourgeoise elite, loike.

but loike, oy've actually been studying there for 4 focking years and it's only now that oy've come to talk loike dylan focking moran

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back