Punk as fuck but no singer? (1 Viewer)

simon_suspect

Website
Visit site
You want to play dirty punk rock, got the people plus the gear but no one who wants to sing/scream? I can help!
Influences: from UK 77 stuff (clash, nips, etc) to streetpunk (menace, cockney rejects, last resort, anti heros, pressure point, SLF, 4Skins) but open to everything that is aggressive and rockin'! Got some band experience.
If you want to fuck shit up, give us a shout!

simon_suspect said:
You want to play dirty punk rock, got the people plus the gear but no one who wants to sing/scream? I can help!
Influences: from UK 77 stuff (clash, nips, etc) to streetpunk (menace, cockney rejects, last resort, anti heros, pressure point, SLF, 4Skins) but open to everything that is aggressive and rockin'! Got some band experience.
If you want to fuck shit up, give us a shout!

Myself (Guitarist) and a bass player are looking for a singer - We're Carlow-based but we would be able to jam in Naas...

cool shit, well i live in Dublin but that'll be alright.....how old are you and what kind of stuff would you want to play? What about a drummer? Do you guys go to gigs in Dublin/would I've seen you before? Questions.....

simon_suspect said:
cool shit, well i live in Dublin but that'll be alright.....how old are you and what kind of stuff would you want to play? What about a drummer? Do you guys go to gigs in Dublin/would I've seen you before? Questions.....

how old are you

Aren't them kind of questions illegal on the internet nowadays? Only joking... Right, I'm (DJ) 32 and Dean is of indeterminate age (27 I think). We both have band experience, Dean's part-time in College at the moment, while I'm full-time unemployed for the last while.

what kind of stuff would you want to play?
Myself and Dean are big Rock'n'Roll muso heads, both really into Ramones-style Punk, Sultans Of Ping, The Cramps, The Stooges, The Golden Horde, Psychobilly (Dean a bit more than me - he's got a stand-up bass!) and Garage Punk (more the 60's and 80's styles rather than this nu-garage stuff). Where we disagree is that I like stuff like the NY Dolls (Dean doesn't), whereas Dean likes Hardcore and the really trashy Garage Punk (too lo-fi for me). What we'd actually play would be fast-paced punk, with a (decent) pop sensibility (talking Ramones here rather than Sum 41) and heavy riffs. I've a lot of stuff written, but we'd also do covers - maybe a few well-known ones (i.e. Fell In Love With A Girl), but mainly lesser or unknown stuff that we'd like.

What about a drummer?
It's hard to get a drummer. The last ones were too fast and got away before we could apply the tranquiliser. So, we're still looking at the moment.

Do you guys go to gigs in Dublin/would I've seen you before?
You might have seen Dean - you wouldn't have seen me as I'm in a Wheelchair as most gig venues are upstairs and therefore too much of a cunt to go to unless there was something I really really wanted to see. Dean kinda looks Death Warmed Up - Pale and Interesting with Black hair, Jacket, Trousers, shoes, shirt. etc kind of like a Rockabilly vampire.

Gotta Go - gimme a shout back if you're interested....

hey there again!

well, that all sounds great to me, as i said, I live in Dublin, I'm 21, skinhead (no, I'm not a fascist....just in case if you are looking for one :)) and have been in two bands before. In addition to the stuff that I listed in the first msg. I also really dig Rockabilly and Psychobilly, would love to do something with a some of those influences, as well as hillbilly and country...... but maybe we should try to find a decent drummer first..... a friend of mine is a great drummer, but he is already in two bands, but I'll ask him anyway....... should we meet up for a pint and discuss the whole thing, what do you think?

cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back