pub grub (1 Viewer)

show factory weren't it? abbatoir? well i dunno.

there used to be an abbatoir down the end of the street i grew up in, just off meath st. from my bedroom window i could see into the trucks as they went by in the morning, stuffed with squealing pigs. and i could see into them as they left in the evening, stuffed with bits of offal. the stench of the place. with the smell of pif fear and death and burning hops from guinnesses, it's wa a fruity place to live.

so, in conclusion, i agree with you....

i'd love some of betty's hot pot.

crikey. i wouldn't like living in teh vicinity of one :eek:

all i ever heard was that it was an abattoir. in the olden days, like. there are drains in the floor by the bar and everything where they drained the blood. at least that's the story i've heard. in any case it's anice space but it lacks intimacy and it's a bit too noisy and fll of asshoels sometimes.

i like small, warm pub-type places. market bar's a bit too.........cavernous

all i ever heard was that it was an abattoir. in the olden days, like. there are drains in the floor by the bar and everything where they drained the blood. at least that's the story i've heard. in any case it's anice space but it lacks intimacy and it's a bit too noisy and fll of asshoels sometimes.

yeah, i doesn't have the pub vibe so much, more the train station vibe. mind you in saying that i'm thinking, what pub does these days. they're all cavernous superpubs...

i was in the welcome in last week. the guy decided to open again. i love that place. i'll miss it when it's gone. it's reassuring to know that the 1970's are alive some where. it's like life on mars in there. except the dude was playing miriam ingram not mary hopkin.

there's a deadly pub in crookhaven, at the end of the mizen head peninsula (wesht cork) that serves awesome pub grub. awesome. I had the second best mashed potatoes ever there. it's deadly!

place is a bit ridden with upper crust d-reg 4x4 driving BASTARDS, but fuckit, it's a free country innit? :)

it was a meat packing place up until the late 90s - i used to live across the road, and if i looked out my kitchen window at the wrong moment of a morning i'd get to look straight into a van full of carcasses. they didn't slaughter the animals there, buh, just cut them up.

more nice pub grub: that pub on south william street (the south william?) that sells pies. i do like a nice pie.

hate carveries with the hate of a thousand boiling suns. hate.

The pub grub in the south of England is amazing. I used to go out with a girl from Dorset and I used to love visiting her because that meant yummee pub grub. That's probably why we broke up.

Yeah that's right, I used to have a girlfriend.

England.
I don't think I've ever had satisfying pub grub in Ireland. Had a fisherman's pie in some pub in Cornwall the summer before last that was amazing

Yep, Egg_ mentioned English pub grub earlier - it's not just England either. Some of the nicest food I've had that I didn't cook myself was in little pubs in various parts of Scotland. One of them is still in my memory as serving the best venison ever! UK pub grub rules.

Believe it or not, one place I have always wanted to go to is Dorset - beautiful countryside, lovely pubs, great walks, the sea and of course lots of Thomas Hardy.

Believe it or not, one place I have always wanted to go to is Dorset - beautiful countryside, lovely pubs, great walks, the sea and of course lots of Thomas Hardy.
'id love to go to the Bahamas or Fuiji. thatd be deadly. what about you Ro?'
'well, personally, ive always had a hankering for Dorset'

jayzus

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back