pub grub (1 Viewer)

Anyone know a decent carvery in town? I often get a go for an 'irish' but usually end up eating gammon in the Duke (oo-er!) for some reason.

I did in Glasgow last year, it was meant to be the pinnacle of my crisps enjoying life but never have I felt such disapointment. They are fucking disgusting, they taste like a weird cold cream cheese wrapped in a brittle crisp shell nothing like the majesty of Bacon or Scampi fries.

Speaking of Scampi fries check this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UuweQBolUg
no no NO NO NO NO NO NO

Anyone know a decent carvery in town? I often get a go for an 'irish' but usually end up eating gammon in the Duke (oo-er!) for some reason.

Well impressed with The Long Stone's carvery of a Sunday. Plenty of variety on the menu and reasonably priced too.

Ha. No. I'd no interest in skateboarding as a youth and I'm not 'Church Of Ireland'!
neither am i.
perhaps they put skateboarding on the cirriculum after i left.
those tossers ruined me. so much potential....ruine...sniff.

neither am i.
perhaps they put skateboarding on the cirriculum after i left.
those tossers ruined me. so much potential....ruine...sniff.

It was always a school for wasters though, eh?
And why did all it's pupils affect that daft Mid-Atlantic twang?
*shrug*
I knew Bruce & Wayne from 'around the area' btw. I couldn't stand that Wayne fella.

It was always a school for wasters though, eh?
And why did all it's pupils affect that daft Mid-Atlantic twang?
*shrug*
I knew Bruce & Wayne from 'around the area' btw. I couldn't stand that Wayne fella.
the "posh northsider" is an odd mongrel of an accent. i travelled from rialta in the sarf, so i was undercover. some howth twats would sit there in all seriousness berating "southsiders" for being rich, and then going on about daddys regatta in the next sentance. the teachers were fucking wasters. i wish i'd known in advance. but the birds were pretty and the vibe was cool, man. great days.

England.
I don't think I've ever had satisfying pub grub in Ireland. Had a fisherman's pie in some pub in Cornwall the summer before last that was amazing
the fish pie in the market bar is alright...
that hardly counts tho, does it?

former abattoire - the ambience of a school cafeteria - nah i dont fancy it does count.

they do have some good tapas but
show factory weren't it? abbatoir? well i dunno.

there used to be an abbatoir down the end of the street i grew up in, just off meath st. from my bedroom window i could see into the trucks as they went by in the morning, stuffed with squealing pigs. and i could see into them as they left in the evening, stuffed with bits of offal. the stench of the place. with the smell of pif fear and death and burning hops from guinnesses, it's wa a fruity place to live.

so, in conclusion, i agree with you....

i'd love some of betty's hot pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back